Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

How do you play the Z23 and also the shoot off russian DD line

the Maas was great, but the Z23 just seems to be torpedo prone and the OG seems to be medicore at everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

What I meant by that is the Z23 just seems to not be able to avoid torps even with hydro up compared to the maas, it seems to be fatter and slower to turn

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The Queen Elizabeth feels very underwhelming. I feel it has nothing going for it besides HE and its kinda ok AA

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Friendly reminder to skip the Queen Elizabeth as it is turning out to be one of the worst ships by tier to the point I am thinking it is increasingly broken

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

There is the first Italian ship for sale on NA. the Duca D'aosta, a tier 6 prem cruiser.

No info on it as the wiki link they use is broken and it costs $30 AU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Emile Bertin is pretty fun to play, if things go sour you can be a kiting rear end in a top hat and no one will catch you

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Burt posted:

I don't know if you know this but they completely rebuilt the game from the last patch. I saw a Flamu video where he was playing it and I thought I would give it a try.

It's very fast paced, there's a low skill entry to it, the graphics are ace, games are fast and you get to respawned [twice I think?], levelling is very easy, +1 MM so very little seal clubbing, it's a good interface and if you have played botes or tanks you'll have no trouble working it out. It's all mouse pointer push LMB type of play but for a quick half an hour fun and RELAXATION it's pretty good.

Also the amount of nerd rage from the 8 people that played from the beginning is amazing. Go watch this and read the comments;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNjhXS8QXU

Arguably the worst thing about warplanes now is the crappy gaming center crap that won't work on my computer, which is a mandatory install for warplanes

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Wicaeed posted:

So what's the counterplay to AP bombs? I just got bombed for 3/4 of my HP in a Hindenburg, I played it right, I wasn't driving in a straight line.

What the gently caress is WG thinking...

I don't know if this test version of the Graf is still around, but this video will make you weep for AP bombs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqDXgXue3Q

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I got 50 Zulus and a Mutsu from my two free santa crates, not a bad deal at all

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

North Carolina is the standout tier 8 BB, has zero issue being bottom tier all the time

In an odd twist, I hate my NC to the point I kinda wish I had my Colorado back, the shells are just so floaty I don't understand how some one is meant to hit anything with them

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

I figured the German line would have been pretty power crept at this point, do any of them have decent AA?

If you do the funny secondary build starting at the Bis they can have deceiving good AA, not US BB levels of amazing, but better than you think, also on top of that your AA would be getting stronger as the game goes on since you will be running things to decrease the knock out potential of your secondary guns, this also includes dedicated AA mounts, I mutated my secondary fit GF to deal with all the T10 carriers with the new redesign and I have had amazing results

Speaking of carriers, T6 carriers are in the worst spot out of everything in the entire game, since they get forced into T8 games all the time because of the prem bloat around there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

And I do not know if this was fixed, but the QE has glaring holes in its armour that will cause full damage