Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

CitizenKain posted:

I've been tempted to get a Bogue just to do that. Maybe I can make CV players quit early.

One of my proudest accomplishments in this game was playing as a AS Independence. The other team had a strike Independence who tried to alpha strike me, failed miserably, then torpedoed himself in a fit of rage before flaming me for the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Burt posted:

Yeah it would be much more fun if you drove for 126 hours solid then got deleted in the first salvo.

Poopsocking x1000000%

But enough about Eve Online

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

There's no point replaying operations once you 5-star them, right? It's a shame since they are quite fun, but it seems like you make a good deal less XP/credits than in randoms.

4/5 star seems to be about on par with experience from randoms.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Apparently WARBEASTY managed to limp his way to rank 15. Spoiler: we lost and he was useless.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I played ranked and got to 9 the first day, realized that ranked isn't fun and haven't played a single ranked game since. No regrets.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Eh, sure some (most) of the tasks suck but it's not time limited and has decent rewards, so even the most potato of players can grind it out eventually.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Given that the "no sale" list is just "no sale except through chests when we decide we want money" list, I don't really think it'll be a huge deal.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'd assume it's a combination of the fact it has the 4th highest win rate of any ship (Behind the notably balanced Flint, Black and Nikolai) and its low tier.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Can you get the SC from bot games at least, or do you need to play randoms

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

WARBEASTY has over 300 games in the Hakuryu with a cool 27.7% win rate. That should tell you something about his skill level.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Seems like planes come down to either "hit a burst of flak and lost an entire squadron instantly" and "waltzed in untouched".

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Ranked seems to fluctuate between "this is super fun" and "four health regen pickups spawned for the enemy team so we lose".

Still better than hakuryu online tho

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

Powerups are entirely mirrored in ranked arms race, as opposed to the dubious RNG of them when they were first live, so if the enemy's picking up four health regen pickups, that's entirely on your team for not getting them yourselves or preventing the enemy team from doing so.

Not that there aren't plenty of incredibly terrible teams that let exactly this happen, regardless of what you yourself are doing, but the maps and spawns are generally balanced.

Mirrored North/South, but not East/West afaik. Which means the entire enemy team can happen to go right, your team goes left and all the health pickups spawn on the right.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Boy people do not understand this space assault mode. I've lost twice in a row now because people have chased ship kills instead of shooting generators.

On the upside defending is super easy to win.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Anyone who complains about weekend warriors should be forced to play with the people I got on my team today.

Why yes your T6 French destroyer can solo 2 T8 cruisers. You go for it pubbie.

And I've seen 4 battleships get less than a hundred base XP. How.

e: just lost a game to getting capped out with 10 ships still alive on our side. Phenomenal

ranbo das fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 6, 2019

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

BOATC is our NA clan, right? Sent in an app as Exordium_8. Been on a boats kick recently because i hate myself.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I've heard the tier X, having missed the SAP nerf, is pretty fun.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Im grinding through ranked in ships like the Chapayev and Kiev because 1) it's fun as poo poo and I don't really wanna rank out until I have to and 2) it's hilarious dunking on people in subpar ships

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I actually really like British BBs in the current HE meta. Nothing like tanking a bunch of HE spamming ships for minutes then healing 60% of your health.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I had a transport in Narai suicide into the enemy harbor spawn, but it was just once in many, many runs

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Im the guy flaming the BB with high caliber and four of our five kills for playing "like a coward"*

*not solo pushing into a shimakaze

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Most of my success with the Montana has been following our DDs and giving a great big gently caress you to enemy cruisers trying to give them a hard time, then ducking back into concealment before everyone can light me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

kaesarsosei posted:

Just for fun's sake, what hidden feature or 1 addition could they make to these new German DDs to make them playable? eg if the torps had a 0.5km spotting distance, would they (the ships) still be useless?

Undetectable by air would be my first thought. they would still suck, but suck less.