Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I'm enjoying the gently caress out of this playing battleships, although getting wrecked of torpedo salvo's is brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

SuperSix posted:

First game with my tier 3 DD

full speed lateral movement vs a BB 7k away. I launch my torps and he fires his first volley.

All of his shots hit and I ded in 1 volley. 1st shot of the game

I had a game earlier in my kongo and ended up one shot killing a dd with AP. I've found if i can land an AP shell into the deck of a dd it usually oneshots them, I could be wrong and could be playing bb's completely wrong.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

So, this just happened. A full game consisting of mostly Fuso's and other battleships.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

BadLlama posted:

Was just put in a game by myself against a Yamato, a Baltimore, and a Mogami. What?

So thats where that lone Yamato went in queue before the queue broke.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

demonR6 posted:

Hey guys we managed to break the game! We were in a division consisting of two Clevelands and an Amagi. Sitting in the queue the five minute mark passed with nothing so I exited the queue and nothing happened but the spinning activity logo. Thinking I bugged the game I closed the client, launched and got back in game without issues except my Cleveland in port showed I was in battle. Chat worked so we thought it really went into a match and we had to wait it out. I thought we could launch a game meanwhile but nope, I could select another ship but it would not launch. I tried creating a new division but nope so I asked someone that was in game to send me an invite.. no joy. I logged back out, tried again and nothing. After taking screens and posting it in the bug thread a full hour later the game is still bugged out.

I manged to get one of the devs in TS via a connection I have and he went to the extent of removing my Cleveland altogether from my account and I can still not launch a loving game. We are going to wait until the server reset at 5AM PDT and cross fingers it fixes itself else who knows.

Smug as gently caress right now.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What the heck are you doing using the beta test to actually test things?

We were just trying to poo poo on pubbies using the cleveland steamers and the amagi. Going to be real lovely if this bug still persists through the server restart.

First game of the day and game breaking bug. Progress.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Fart Car '97 posted:

Super quick and dirty but :catdrugs:

They'll never see you coming. Never.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Jaroslav posted:

Finally got my hands on a EU beta key. Is there a list of goons playing / a clan / a comms we use to play with eachother?

Are they still giving out/accepting new apps for the EU cbt? Or am i poo poo outta luck in terms of getting in the EU test.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I'm never going to doubt the aoba again. Even if it is a piece of poo poo. Managed to land 2 torps into a fuso for 46k.

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 21, 2015

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

JuffoWup posted:

^^^ The Aoba is an amazing god drat ship, you take that back. Less guns, sure. But the guns it has delivers. It kind of reminds me of the us versus german issue in war thunder planes. The americans just loaded more 50cal brownings which might be effective-ish. But when your counterparts are throwing 2x-4x 20mm cannons, there is a noticeable disparity in power. Those torps are amazing at doing nothing but force engagements to your benefit. As they dodge, they are less focused on the shooting. Or if they are still focused, you are getting cleaner shots. Or in the case of my last game, be so focused on admiring your torp run in a DD to run right into your quad torps.

God drat is domination bad. These pubbies are terrible. They all rush for the land grab and completely don't realize that is pretty much never the reason for their losses. Deaths cost you waaay more than owning all 3 circles.

Really though, that game mode seriously accents the people that know how to shoot and the ones that don't. Those that will can deliver a win while those that don't will deliver a loss readily. Man do these players need go hide back in co-op mode.

I've been having some really great games in my ebola. Had one game where an enemy dd appears 0.5km away from me, we both drop torps, fun times. It's great for making GBS threads at bb's ive found aswell

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Had a pretty decent game in my Myoko earlier. 500k creds and 7k xp, Then the game or two after some cheap destroyer tried hitching a ride on the back of my Myoko.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Kitakami's pre 10km is like playing a very hostile game of dodgeball. Anything past 10~12km and they usually die in one volly since they cant reach you.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Had a game after a week or so break. Myoko is still hilarious :getin:

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I got my New Mexico and jesus christ that ship is hilarious with those 4 tripple stacks with what seems like laser guided shells. 100 to 0'ing nerds is never not hilarious.

Other than the game i had earlier when matchmaking poo poo itself and put my stock rear end into a game with a T9 IJN carrier while we had none. Getting mauled by what seems like endless torp/dive bomber waves doesn't sound as fun as you think.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I survived a whole wave of 3-4 torp bobmers and 2 dive bombers. the second wave got me though. The amount of torps was unreal

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Krogort posted:

If you're playing US Battleships, I suggest saving as much free xp as possible to upgrade the Colorado asap.
This ship is rubbish enough fully upgraded but stock with no anti air it must be pure hell.

Pinpoint accuracy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9To7qT2tr8

This is doing me no faith since im so close to getting the Colorado myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Magni posted:

IIRC, all battleships have had their accelleration and braking somewhat slowed down in 0.4.

In other news: Another day on the EU forums. Can't decide wether :magical: or :ughh: is more appropriate.

Jesus christ that thread