Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I started playing again lately and I would like to apologize to any of you unlucky mofo who ends up on my team. I was bad at this game back when I played frequently, but now that I'm back, i'm quite literally horrible.

I'm one of these players who try so hard to have good positioning and to not suicide rush caps and poo poo like that, but i can't aim worth poo poo. Its getting increasingly frustrating to play BB's and only hit for 1k damage every time. I don't even think I average 25k dmg per game and that's just :psyboom: :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Yeah I think I'll switch to DD's for a while because my current score is at like... 580 or something and that is just :sad:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Lord Koth posted:

No, it's really not because it's a moronic "solution" that causes more issues than it supposedly fixes. Even aside from the aforementioned issue of that change moving it from battleships penning destroyers through the bow to cruisers penning them through the bow, it also has the side effect of ensuring any and all secondary armaments tear them apart - namely the large 100mm and 105mm secondary arrays present on multiple T8-9 battleships, which do not currently pen equivalent tier DD hulls by default (they can be boosted to do so, but that requires IFHE).

The simple solution should have just been to set it so battleship AP cannot get pens on them (maybe bar Khaba, but that bounces Yamato shells anyways).

There's actually a secondary issue that's been present in the game for a while that fucks over DDs as well - double-dipping shells. Specifically, (generally) battleship AP shells going through multiple damage zones of a ship and counting each time - as in shell enters and causes an overpen, but due to angle flies into another damage zone and explodes for a pen. Theoretically this could happen with any ship, but DDs are particularly vulnerable due to their size. This might, might, have been fixed recently, but people really aren't sure.

You guys have to teach me how you get those kind of shots on DD's because whenever I shoot at a DD with AP, I usually overpen and deal like 1k dmg and that's about it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

bloom posted:

I play with goons like once a month and no one's kicked me so I'm sure it's not a big deal.

Post your ingame name itt and someone should add you. I'd do it myself but I don't know how computers work or if I even have recruiter powers.

Wasn't there already a goon clan called Seamen or something?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

toadee posted:

The punishment is "The Cruiser I am near because I am positioned well shoots the DD".

But wouldnt that involve teamplay? Something which is sorely lacking in pub matches?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Lord Koth posted:

Their secondary solution is simply to switch to HE occasionally. It's not like battleships don't have solutions, it's just not being able to easily vaporize the class supposedly strong against their own with their default ammo choice means they have to actually think for once.

Unless it's a Conqueror of course, because lol at needing to do any real strategy in that piece of OP garbage.

That reminds me of a friend of mine who used to play World of Tank and would complain all the time about not being able to do damage. He absolutely refused to switch ammo types depending on circumstances, but hey it was the game's fault right? :shrug:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I actually don't quite get Hydro. It might just be because of the ships I own, but I feel like the range is... well too short?

Half the time, i turn on hydro and can't spot anything because i'm out of range. The time it takes to close in to get in range of the hydro is also coincidently the time it takes the DD's to reload their torp. In my experience anyway.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Wait are they adding sub? Werent they saying it would never happen?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Blindeye posted:

I am in ranked relegation. It's an eternal coinflip. I got a kraken, confederate, three caps, double strike, and lost. I had every kill on my team.

This is agony.

Players like you are held back by players like me. On behalf of all us bads, you need to carry even harder.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Darkrenown posted:

I mean, WG suck, but you should read the event description before starting a big time investment :shrug:

Did it specify anywhere that it can't be completed without buying stuff? I don't recall reading that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

toadee posted:

Yea it’s been mega explicit at the onset of all of the dockyard events since the Puerto Rico disaster.

What was the puerto rico disaster for those who use who just came back to the game?