Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
Great to be playing again, I'm trying not to grind and just have fun since it's open beta still but I really found a ship I love and am constantly good with it. Even on bad, miss matched or just lovely players on your team

also I've PM'd the OP and they never responded to add it but I grabbed the #worldofwarships channel on syncirc.net if people need a place to gather to find groups or whose playing, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

James Garfield posted:

They're calling it open beta as a marketing technique, more or less. You won't lose your ships.

Also good choice, Phoenix is good and Omaha is near best in class. :iia:

Right on, I'm like 5k away from opening it up. Keep playing the Atago too and surprising people with 10k torps, get so many kills with that as people close in to fight and never see it coming...

Also that's really good to know you won't lose ships now come release, was one of those disconcerting things that has kept me not playing for a few weeks.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

demonR6 posted:

PM'ed which OP?

Uh, turns out, I PM'd the OP of the Heroes of the Storm thread because at one point I was the owner of that channel but I quit the game and don't care about it anymore.

My bad man, I have no excuse for such atrocious accusations at this time.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Burt posted:

Probably preaching to the choir here but get a Murmansk for your grinding needs. Two games today, I made over 7k exp and 600k credits. It is just beastly.

Is it better then Omaha with premium status once everything is unlocked? How is Omaha > Murmansk?

Also thanks Seekhay for hooking me up with a code, really appreciate it the ship is fantastic.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Pharnakes posted:

BBs may or may not be the easiest class for people to play, but they are definitely the class to which idiots gravitate in my experience.

just had a fight with this dude in an Arkansas Beta whose guns reach 12k while I was in a Murmansk whose guns reach 14.8K and as I kited him around he kept calling me a 'bitch rear end human being' for staying out of his guns range and 'you're so tough let me shoot you with my guns see how tough you are bitch' to all of which I was oblivious too as I busying

Raining some mother loving fire down on you SON

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

demonR6 posted:

I have added everyone who recently applied to SEAMN. Anyone who applied during 'the dark days' your application expired due to WG's inability to deal with our clan name/description issues in a timely manner. Please reapply and I will take care of it before they re-write the rules to accommodate us as rule breakers.

reapplied as BItterBeard

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Dark Helmut posted:

What's the best ship to go out and earn cash on?

I don't know of a better one then the Murmansk for quick games and good consistent cash flows.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Night10194 posted:

This requires finding, breaking through to, and setting the CV on fire (twice, he'll repair the first one), which generally takes some time unless the enemy doesn't cover one of the paths. The fact that one of the single most productive things you can do in the game is go kill the single ship that is loving your entire team from relative safety is kind of a problem.

Not saying some CV changes are not needed, but with WW2 the rise of air power the most powerful thing anybody had ever seen.

Look at what took down all the big major ships of the war, all air power. If the game is based somewhat on reality, planes are going to be a huge pain in the rear end of it.

Like somebody said maybe add in wider turning angles and maybe not such perfect straight torp lines when planes are under fire from a ship will definitely mitigate their complete superiority.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Sounds like this is more 'i'm going to bitch and cry online about this loving game' while they constantly play it whether wargaming.net makes a change at all.

Sorry to interrupt, going to go get my CV on while the getting is, relatively easy.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Aesis posted:

So I heard they won't sell Tirpitz for a while in NA server :smith:

Is there a reason why? I hadn't planned on buying the package deal so hopefully they come out with just the ship in NA first.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Hazdoc posted:

Uuuuuuugh, I want to play boats so much but I just can't stop playing Mad Max instead. Goddamn it, Chumbucket!

I feel ya

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Sat down with a buddy to play a few games, our first one out of the gate is just phenomenal.

Decided to take a break after such a stunning victory, the next game we were going to stop on wouldn't have been better.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I can't find anything and figured it was bullshit, are they going to change the Atago? Some pubbie I blasted in a game told me to enjoy it while it lasted because the Atago was going to be nerfed, like I had a personal relationship with the ship.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

Previous to the Atlanta, my son is playing up an aircraft carrier and he's going to start with the Langley. What is a good cruiser I can play to support him and fend off planes and just play support cruiser for him? I'll switch to the Atlanta once he tiers up a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Going to suggest German cruisers. Excellent range and nice concealability with solid hydro. Also maybe the Brits, although I hear the t5 grind is a bit draining, but it might be improved by having a solid CV player backing you up.

This is working well with German Cruisers, my CV player is 9 and isn't the greatest but trying to train him up and his younger brother in co-op battles so they know what to do and how to do it.

Thanks for the post!