Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is anything from beta going to carry over when the game goes live? If not I can't see myself sinking more than maybe a hundred games in overall.

Which boats are the most fun early on that will give me a good flavor for the different playstyles?

When do I shoot HE or AP?

I've played maybe 10 games so far and what I've seen is pretty encouraging. If only arty in tanks was this fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I got into a brawl with another ship and all my AP seemed to do piddling damage. What're the rules regarding AP vs HE because this is deeply confusing to me?

Also, how do I use the armor to best effect? I assume I want torpedoes to hit the front of my ship and not the sides, assuming I have to take a hit?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
How are crits calculated? Location struck? Ammo type fired? I get them every now and then but it seems to be a crapshoot.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Last night the torpedo lead indicator was explained to me. Today I had 2 games, the first in which I sank a battleship and then a carrier and the second in which I had 4 kills. Now that I have an idea of where to aim torpedoes own.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there any strategy in pubs other than wait, hang back and hope your team forms a murderball?