Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm worried the developing pubbie carrier meta is all fighters all the time because TBing is hard and if you go all fighters you can play pretend useful rts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Saint Celestine posted:

Just wait till you get the Cleveland. I feel like that line peaks there. The Pensacola is ...not that great.

The stock Pensacola seems meh but the upgraded hull takes you up to 10x203s which seems pretty beefy to me?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Generally you want to fire 1 turret at a time until you've got your lead down, especially against Cruisers/DDs. Firing full salvos is too risky, firing one at a time forces them to maneuver and then allows you to correct and hit them.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The tactic of 'fire one turret at a time until my lead is locked in' is great in the Cleveland because you just walk little bursts in and the pubby gets lulled into a false sense of security and over commits and then suddenly you're zoned in and :supaburn:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Cleveland probably shouldn't be Tier VI tbqh, it either matches or straight out-classes everything it faces

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm pretty sure I've absolute crapped on every Aoba I've come across while driving a Cleveland. They have bigger guns sure but they always just evaporate in 1-2 volleys.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

There is a good chance it was just lag or something, that sounds like what happens when I drop packets. I was shooing at a stationary Amagi today and my shots were just sailing all kinds of wide until I noticed I was dropping packets, it sorted itself out a few seconds later.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Generation Internet posted:

Impressions from rushing to a Langley last night:

Carriers are extremely My poo poo.
Lots of carrier drivers are bad and sail immediately into farthest corner of map so planes take 10 minutes to get anywhere. I've seen a few get stuck on the map-edge to make themselves perfect torpedo targets. I've just been following the largest blob of my teams ships and it's worked out okay. I won a game yesterday by capping in my CV and it was awesome, always be moving forwards.
There is no greater joy than setting up a proper hammer and anvil attack.
But that is really hard.
It's less boring to be in a carrier waiting to re-arm than it is to be stuck in a slow boat far away from the action.
The St. Louis is also cool when upgraded.

So the game's been fun so far, I'll see if that carries on to higher tiers.

Ahh the thoughts of a carrier driver before Defensive Fire shows up :allears:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

If you're having trouble as a cruiser try hanging back a little bit and waiting until the enemy ships are being spotted before committing to a side of the map to attack. This lets you figure out which side is filled with BBs and which side is weak and filled with other Cruisers and Destroyers. It also stops you from being that dumbo who didn't notice he was sailing off alone into a wall of enemy ships. If you are going to try and play BB interdiction it's important to use map features to block LOS from the enemy battleships so you don't get targeted. There's no reason to put yourself in a Battleships sights until there is nothing left to shoot at and it's your only option.

Sometimes your batteships drive off and get poo poo on by the other battleships and well there's nothin you can do about that

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

TheFluff posted:

Is there anyone who still wants keys? I have an opportunity to ask Wargaming for more. Can't promise anything though.

Let's be real here there's enough people and hype that you'd be foolish not to get as many keys as you possible can regardless of how many people post that they want them

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I dunno I still have instances where I am staring straight down a lane and torps just materialize 200 meters away from me. Yesterday I was playing, sitting about 4-5k from the edge of a smoke screen, I figured 4-5k was enough to react to any torps being fired from within.

Nope, torps just warp into existence about 4 seconds before they hit. No indicators, no trails before hand. There was absolutely no indication the torps existed before they were right on top of me.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Pensacola is just so boring after the Cleveland :(

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

demonR6 posted:

I have not had a good match in the Peniscola yet.. it takes more getting used to than the effortless brutality that is the Cleveland. Don't feel bad Fart Car.. it's going to take some time to learn it and hopefully by then you will be on the way out of it. I don't feel it is a keeper for me at least.

I've done fine with it, it's just boring and I'm not really getting the impression that the bigger guns are actually much more useful against BBs

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 26, 2015

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Dalael posted:

Sometimes I don't understand how XP works in this game. I have had games that were pretty similar as this in terms of kills and damage done, yet I have never came close to this amount of XP. Am I right to assume this is your 1.5x ?

E: Very nice game btw.

There are pretty significant modifiers for winning and I think you get reduced XP for killing ships that are lower tiered/class than you.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Dalael posted:

The tears of some people are just too delicious.

I'm in my minekaze, rushing along side a Omaha in order to go sink a Langley. My guns can't track worth poo poo, so that leaves torpedoes... The Omaha decides to cut me off because he wants his kill so bad. Considering I hadn't shot anything or anyone yet, I decided that my only recourse was to drop my torpedoes anyways. After 4 of them 'accidently' slammed into the Omaha's hull, the guy starts bitching at me for the rest of the match (a good 4 or 5 minutes) claiming how I'm ruining the community and there is no way to keep assholes out of anywhere.

I wish I had taken a screenshot :smugmrgw:

But this post just makes you sound like a giant rear end in a top hat?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Dalael posted:

You sir, are on the wrong forum. (I think you're looking for reddit)

Sorry your smug 'I teamkilled a pubbie' post makes you look like a dick :qq:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I think capping gives good xp because I've gotten 1000+ games where I've only done 30k gun damage but capped a point or two.

Capping gives really good XP, way more than killing/dealing damage does.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

T5 is quick, T6 is definitely where the grind begins.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Yeah carriers are consistently the most useless players in the game, except for maybe the DDs who rush in and get bitch-slapped out of existence 2 minutes into the round

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They should increase the range of secondary guns because it's not like they're going to hit poo poo at 6-7k anyways but it would look neato

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

None of that actually sounds more fun than what we have now though?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Vorkosigan posted:

"We are currently not planning to preform any wipes after OBT (actual info on 9th of April)"
:wtc:
That's normal. Wipe at the end of CBT, no wipe after OBT.

Technically War Thunder is still in OBT.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I get watching streams, but this particular game with all its downtime is really awful streaming material.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

grrarg posted:

With the 5 free ship slots from spaceships, I'm looking forward to rebuying a Wakatake, Kuma, and Omaha tommorrow to beat up on new people. People love the St. Louis and Cleveland, but Omaha is my favorite US cruiser. 8x1 and 2x2 main guns means it has more guns than the St. Louis plus it can go 34 knots plus it has 5.5km range torpedoes. So much fun.

The only bad part about the Omaha is facing Clevelands in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Zhanism posted:

Do people feel the Omaha or Phoenix is better? Cant remember which to rebuy.

If I had to pick, the Phoenix, because it's more likely to get fair matchmaking that doesn't pitch it against the Cleveland.