Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Attn: verbthenoun - Congrabulations, you were spotted in a YouTube video made by The Mighty Jingles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOrHYiOXXak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Rorac posted:

Sad that she had no chance prove herself, but as far as an afterlife for her components, that is badass.

Say hello to the concept of low-background steel. The tl,dr is that all the above ground nuke testing in the 50s/60s dumped so much radioactive crap into the atmosphere it eventually caused any steel made since then to be mildly radioactive. That radioactivity in the metal messes with any form of highly sensitive detection equipment used in the nuclear/atomic/high energy physics/aerospace industries if made with it. Solution ? Find steel made before 1945, make things from it. Unfortunately this has had the effect of making this type of material valuable, and may have contributed to a number of WW2 shipwrecks in shallow Indonesian waters having been illegally destroyed or damaged for salvage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-background_steel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole-body_counting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNLMS_De_Ruyter_(1935) <-has a link to an in-depth technical analysis of the destruction of 2 (and most of another) WW2 Dutch shipwrecks

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

cheese posted:

2 Kidds 1 Cap

I hope you +rep/complimented/whatever'd that GroKurf off to your right rear, he's the only BB on your team within 25+ km of any other enemy ship. Gotta love the wall-lickers on the 1 line.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Ok so, post line split US cruiser question: What modules to put on the Pensacola and Cleveland now ? I had the Cleveland set up with the rudder shift and +AA range ones for some reason. I unlocked the old T7 Pensacola but never actually played it. Ditto for this new to me New Orleans. The game helpfully dismounted all this stuff so it's just sitting there. Also for anyone else who got a T6 Pensacola there's an invisible mission specific to it where if you play one game in it, any mode, you get 190,000 free captain XP. This was put in so people could retrain whatever high skill point captain they might have had on the Cleveland.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

rotaryfun posted:

I do, however, I haven't quite figured out where on screen I get notified.

The "Detected" on-screen icon will have a small crosshair added to it with a number. Number = how many ships locked onto you. The following example translates to RUN AWAY or YOU DIE NOW

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Why would they even premium-ize the St. Louis ? I pulled up the official wiki and it's literally identical except for 1 second more reload time. If this is aimed at seal clubbers I could understand but the $ payouts at tier 3 aren't exactly huge to begin with. If it comes with a special camo & is :10bux: or less I could see maybe getting it.

Ask me about having 80k XP banked on my own St. L

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

The Locator posted:

Given that carriers are basically giant fuel-air bombs waiting to be set off, it's fairly surprising that more of them weren't lost to stuff like that.

Two words: IJN Taiho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Taih%C5%8D#Fate

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Been going all :suspense: with the CC Apocalypse stuff, heard something about a USS Yukon ship or ship skin mentioned a few times in various videos, what's that all about ?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Just out of curiosity does anyone else in here have an Arkansas Beta ?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Free code thing - T8 cruiser Rochester ship rental for 7 days + 14 days premium. NA only & supposedly only for new signups but if it works on an existing acct. lemme know I get these occasionally thru my Verizon acct so I might get more in the future.

53BSX-54YSS-467B8

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Log into wargaming.net, click your name in the upper right corner, "Activate Wargaming Code" should be near the bottom of the pop up window

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Kinda funny reading the NO SUBMARINES !!!! bits along with my rundown on the St. Louis (talking about skills that don't exist in the game anymore and ships that aren't at that tier anymore either)

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

What's a Julio Cesare worth these days ? got one from a box years ago, have never used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

1/1/1 Bogue for lyfe