Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005

Zotix posted:

What us cruisers should I keep an eye out for that are a good experience playing?

Load a St. Louis with HE and enjoy wrecking the modules of everything within 2 tiers.

Load up a Cleveland, find a BB buddy, (AA perk for extra fun), win.

edit:
Oh hey, they changed the "stupid newbie" icon, finally. Who knew that one mistake would follow me for so long. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005

Insert name here posted:

I think I'm starting to get the hang of playing a DD. I'm having way less games where I instantly die at the very beginning. I have no clue what I'm doing different though. Quick someone say something to dissuade me from playing more before I do something dumb like attempt to grind for a Fletcher.

Anyway I attempted a bunch of manual dive bombing today to see if it's any better. Verdict: I'm apparently very bad at judging where the centre of the ship will be, but good at judging where the ship as a whole will be. Every single manual drop I did landed to the barest left or right of the centre of the ship, sometimes clipping it with a single bomb. Went back to just auto-dropping so I could focus on my torp bombers instead. Anyone else had any luck with manual dive bombers or should I not bother?

Also anyone while in a CV love seeing the BB players (usually in a Kongo where this works best) who slow to 1/4 so they can bait you into leading them at 1/4 then speeding up as soon as you go in for the run? Having your two squadrons come in with about a second or so delay between them and dropping the first volley on top of him, and the second one in front of him is great. They'll always speed up, probably with their best :smug: face on, see the second barrage and usually slow down, eating the entire first volley and usually part of the second because they can't slow down fast enough. poo poo's never not funny.

For DB i find the time needed to manual aim not worth the effect.

You can achieve the same effect by pre-setting your DB auto-drop on your target's expected turning angle.

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005
We just updated to 3.0.9 as of the current time servers are down.

Looking forward to seeing these patch notes.

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005

Prav posted:

My favorite detail with the draw rates is that last patch reduced the rate that you capped and got points from domination points.

You'd think that the designers would consider players getting >10% draw rates on a 20 min timer to be something very very concerning but apparently getting a victory was actually too easy.

Players on the main forums wanted lower cap rates, got lower cap rates.

I feel the issue isn't so much the speed of capping so much as the repulsion field that seems to surround every objective point in WoWS (judging by player behavior).

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005

Prav posted:

They also wanted more visible torpedoes, got more visible torpedoes, better BB armor got better BB armor, less viable cruisers got less viable cruisers, etc etc.

I'm sensing a trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005

orange juche posted:

I love how pubbies bitch about that aim lead mod (which they blame for people not having to fire shots for ranging) when the ALT button is so much more powerful. More likely, people are figuring out that ALT button gives you lead info and shot travel time and everything you need to calculate a shot, as well as enemy HP and they're just not telling people. Seriously, try hitting the alt button in a match and using that for aiming your shots, pubbies will accuse you of aim-hacking.

The aim lead mod is pitiful and will likely be slowly broken patch by patch.

Alt, on the other hand, will reign supreme until the servers shut down.

Something something coded advantages in pvp are cool.