Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does ships have the same spotting system as in tanks so a giant battleship will just disappear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Spiting sky cancer is reward onto itself.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Would torpedoes even travel 2KM in real life? I know absolutely nothing about naval warfare that just seems like a far distance for a tube to plow through the water.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah I knew they their cannons would shoot pretty drat far just surprised about torpedos.

Torps OP WG plz nerf etc etc

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did the first come first served closed beta sign up thing already happen and I am hosed or is that thing going to happen tomorrow when it officially starts?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So you only need to account for lead time the game automatically figures out drop like in WoT?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So are the only nations that are in America and Japan?

Has Russia even ever had a strong Navy?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The world of warships wiki is still apparently under NDA lock down.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

11:01 and still not open, I am outraged WG.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I will be performing a dramatization titled "Just Click Botes" inspired by hellsau.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How practical is to go full ramming speed and just jam your ship right into the center of another?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

xthetenth posted:

Only if you like exploding.

As long as they explode too, that is acceptable.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So how bad are carriers right now? Have they been blown out of proportion?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do American destroyer get some advantage to their torpedoes that off sets their huge lack of ranged compared to the Japanese destroyers?

It's like 4.5km vs 8km or something silly.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a way to keep your turrets on one side from not moving when you starting aiming your turrets on the other side? I dunno like a turret lock for TDs function from WoT.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is projectile spread simply RNG heavy? I have my crosshair lined up dead on a ships citadel that is just floating and not moving and my entire volley flies over top of him.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

squidflakes posted:

Will Wargaming ever produce a game that doesn't have some lovely masturbation fantasy anime associated with it?

I sure hope not.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

skill up the crew

So dumb question, how the gently caress do you know what your crews level is? I looked for something similar to WoT in the UI but didn't see anything so figured crews weren't a thing?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When I approach carriers/Battleships in my destroyer I fling HE at them to try and light them on fire and get them to use their kit before hitting them with torpedoes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just being in a giant ocean map would suck complete poo poo and not be any fun unless you just want to get your simulator boner on I guess.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hey so I live in the desert and know gently caress all about boats could these huge ships actually reverse without a tug boat or something or did they throw that into the game just so you don't gently caress yourself with bad driving?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'm actually liking US destroyers a lot, I go where the enemy destroys probably are going and just blow them up with my guns then go on close range suicide torpedo missions on battleships.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'm actually liking US destroyers a lot, I go where the enemy destroys probably are going and just blow them up with my guns then go on close range suicide torpedo missions on battleships.

Also carriers are pretty loving stupid at tier 4 when no one has AA still.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You can check the range on your guns in the module screen fyi.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The biggest thing against Destroyers in my opinion is they really are not that much faster than the majority of other ships.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Where exactly do you shoot carriers to actually cause damage to them? loving shot a carrier 50 times in my DD to kill him everything was doing like 200 damage only.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

Use torps dumbo, DD guns are basically useless against anything that isn't anther DD

Smart people will actually be constantly moving away from me making torping the carriers hard.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Playing this for awhile then jumping into a amx 13 75 in tanks making for some weird feelings while driving.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Welp a dive bomber just one shot my Destroyer while I was evading like a mad man because 3 BS were about to shoot at me. That was cool I guess.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Got my tier 6 american DD and man it kind hurts with the new larger map you can get. 4.5KM range torps and the same 4 cannons you have had on the past 3 ships, oh and you no longer get 4 tubes so you can poo poo out torpedoes in multiple directions. The Nicholas (tier 5) was great but this tier 6 ugh. What do you get in return now? A little bit of AA that is still pretty worthless and in general will get you killed having them on.

It is still pretty hilarious to duel DDs that only try to hit you with torps and don't even acknowledge that they have guns nice free juicy kills.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tier 4-5 carriers ridiculous because AA is poo poo. Tier 6+ AA is ridiculous so carriers are useless. WG

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Some idiot was complaining that the game was too arcadey and not simulator enough. I really can't think of a game filled with more boredom than a simulator ship game. 5th volley sir, our guns are almost on target, nope they are changing direction better start over.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Has anyone else noticed weird behavior from your ships when traveling around islands? Example last night I was cruising between two small islands, pretty close to one and without touching anything my ships just decided to veer right into the island. I wasn't under fire and took a hit to my steering or anything my ship just decided it would be best to turn right into it.

VVV I thought the collision avoidance was just the alarm that goes off, if it actually moves your ship for you that is probably what it was.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 16, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mazz posted:

Was there any benefits of being a WoT beta tester or anything?

There was nothing stated but maybe WoT testers would be higher in the queue to get in than none WoT testers? Seems like a reasonable assumption.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

There is something very satisfying when you can unload all your torpedoes in a tight spread and have them all slam into one target. Just murder the poo poo out of them.

CV torpedoes doing like 18K damage from want torpedo is kind of insane in my opinion but I haven't played a CV so not sure how hard it is to hit targets.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

Why do people complain about the Phoenix? It seems great. Lots of guns with decent range, torps to slap any DDs who get through the 5x murder guns, good AAA that rewards protecting your team. Driving it has been nothing but fun :confused:

It is also a huge speed upgrade from the previous ship. I am guessing people don't think its good because it isn't a ww1 pirate ship that lets you broadside a million guns at once like the St Louis. I think its a good ship.

Had no Idea early American ships were literally Warhammer 40K ships on the ocean.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Who needs torpedos when you can just shoot people and they ignore you?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pretty sure late game American DD have longish range on their torps as well.

American DDs all about making GBS threads out constant artillery and then torping when it presents itself imo.

Also apparently if you are too close to your target your torps wont go off do they have some sort of arming distance?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 17, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This games sixth sense is actually really loving good on a DD fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Vengarr posted:

Even a St. Louis is a credible threat despite being two tiers below it.

This is probably one of the best things I like about this game. Even being a low tier trashcan you are generally just as capable of putting out serious damage as everyone else.