Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm just getting into boats, and after reading through the OP and doing some cursory searches through the thread, here's my two questions:

1) Are there any mods that are worth getting? I didn't see a mention of any in the OP and none over the past 10+ pages of the thread, so instead of going through thousands of posts, I figured I'd just ask.

2) I'm going for US CVs, Japanese BBs, German CAs, and Soviet DDs right now. Priortizing the BBs and CVs until I have enough free expedience to vault across the Karlsruhe, which sounds like a turd. Does this sound about right for a new player? Or, has some patch in the past 5 months shifted the strategy (like how the E-100 used to be the go-to tank in WoT, but now sucks due to nerfs and power-creep.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the good advice a few pages ago! Here's another question:

So in Tanks and Planes, when I elite a vehicle, there's a box to tick that diverts all experience to the crew or pilot. Boats does not appear to have this box. Or is it just hidden somewhere I can't find it? I'd like to keep a few low level ships to gently caress around in, but the idea of them just endlessly accumulating xp that I'll never pay to turn into free xp is grating.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

jownzy posted:

I thought I had you on my friends list in this game as hammerstien... wrong guy I guess. You acted like you knew me.

Also, wish we had more than 2 people online for team battles... do better goons.

What tiers are needed for team battles. I've got a bunch of stuff in 4-6 that I could drag out a few evenings a week. I'll probably have a Yorck in a few days.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Desiderata posted:

It is so loving creepy, I wish there was an option to remove any mention of it from both the launcher and mission screens.

I sort of look at them as premium ships that I don't have to pay wargaming for, so while they are pretty lame, I'll still grind the gently caress out of some tier v credits with them.