Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
And returned. This game is pretty garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

dog nougat posted:

And returned. This game is pretty garbage.

I hope you don't mind, but I've used your two posts in the OP as a warning for other poor souls.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
that's perfectly fine. Take heed!!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I think it's still fun; just been keeping it on the backburner since I got swallowed up by Bloodborne and Shovel Knight. I'm rank 60 and wanted to wait until the DLC starts coming out before continuing on.

They went a bit overboard with the progression though. Getting to the gold service stars for each kit without cheesing it while sitting in a car in Hotwire takes forever.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, it was kinda entertaining. But I already have BF4 which basically does everything better.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The only reason I would play this game over BF4 is to drive a couch.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

dog nougat posted:

Yeah, it was kinda entertaining. But I already have BF4 which basically does everything better.

Yeah, BF4 seems way better at killing me with sniper shots, jets, and tanks than Hardline.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, BF4 seems way better at killing me with sniper shots, jets, and tanks than Hardline.

In BF4 though you can get shot across a map in a man cannon.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Sooo, was anybody else stupid enough to buy the premium edition like me and want to play the new maps tomorrow?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Really wish I could play as federales.

SUPERCOPS!

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I made another quick "themed" montage. I decided to do it a little different than the music montages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1CxXhi9Omo

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Tried playing for the first time in like 4 months yesterday. Laggy mess, camper hell. So exactly the same game. But I guess there's new dlc and a Tommy gun :shrug:

Also saw something interesting on Reddit: on Monday there were more people playing bf4 than hardline on all platforms, and more people playing bf3 on ps3 than hardline on ps4. Ouch.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

red19fire posted:

Tried playing for the first time in like 4 months yesterday. Laggy mess, camper hell. So exactly the same game. But I guess there's new dlc and a Tommy gun :shrug:

Also saw something interesting on Reddit: on Monday there were more people playing bf4 than hardline on all platforms, and more people playing bf3 on ps3 than hardline on ps4. Ouch.

That's weird because the game isn't even four months old yet ;) But seriously, it really sucks that the playerbase has already abandoned this game. I enjoyed it a lot but I pretty much only want to play conquest, blood money, or kill confirmed and on hardcore settings and apparently I'm the only one cause I can never find more than a couple active servers, often times none at all. Of all the bad day one digital purchases I've made Hardline digital deluxe ultra super map pack premium edition is the one that made me decide to start buying physical games and holding off on DLC package deals again.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I don't know what this game's problem is, because I did enjoy my time with it. I just got incredibly bored of it, quickly.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Smelly posted:

I don't know what this game's problem is, because I did enjoy my time with it. I just got incredibly bored of it, quickly.

I had exactly the same issue. It was fun for a week or so, but I had this feeling that even if it had stayed in development for another six months to polish the rougher edges it would still be a boring game. There's just nothing to it that other games don't already do better, specifically Battlefield 4. Well, other than the Cops & Robbers thing but there's probably a reason no one else is doing that, turns out it gets boring fast.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I still go back to Hardline once in a while, but BF4 had to go and add Gun Master mode, and I've also got a backlog of poo poo that hasn't been played beyond installing it on my Xbox.

Would play it more if I had more time.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Borrowed this from a friend and messed about with it last night. Man, what a weird game. Spawn points are all jacked up, latency/network code seems all jacked up; which takes all the fun out of it. It ran smoothly otherwise and was pretty enough. But something was just 'off' that I couldn't put my finger on. Too often I would pop a guy with enough rounds (while getting hit indicators to body and head) to drop 3 people and he would turn around and one shot me with the same gun I was using. He would then have something like 60 percent health left.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Tide posted:

Borrowed this from a friend and messed about with it last night. Man, what a weird game. Spawn points are all jacked up, latency/network code seems all jacked up; which takes all the fun out of it. It ran smoothly otherwise and was pretty enough. But something was just 'off' that I couldn't put my finger on. Too often I would pop a guy with enough rounds (while getting hit indicators to body and head) to drop 3 people and he would turn around and one shot me with the same gun I was using. He would then have something like 60 percent health left.

I know what you mean. It's like the bullets move in slow motion in this game. You can even see how slow they are when watching the tracers. So many times I'll be shooting a guy, he'll kill me and have 100 health then 2 seconds later I get 'Assist counts as kill" and I put 98 damage on him. My bullets just didn't get there until I was dead.

The spawns are terrible in the team deathmatch type modes but I actually really like the spawns in blood money and conquest, like the idea of having these safe zones at either end of the map is great. There's only a couple maps you can really get spawn trapped hard like the Block or that new one in the mall. I use a spawn beacon 90% of the time too.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I'm gonna play the new maps this morning if anyone cares at all. PSN: CopperFronts

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
There's only about a half dozen full expansion servers across all modes during peak hours on PS4. Sad.

Playing Hotwire with RPGs is good times though.

edit: I mean, if they'd discount Premium, I'd probly plunk down for the new maps and gizmos, but paying full price even for a numbered Battlefield is taunting regret.

Fleetwood fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 8, 2015

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Fleetwood posted:

There's only about a half dozen full expansion servers across all modes during peak hours on PS4. Sad.

Playing Hotwire with RPGs is good times though.

edit: I mean, if they'd discount Premium, I'd probly plunk down for the new maps and gizmos, but paying full price even for a numbered Battlefield is taunting regret.

I like hardcore mode the best and most of the time I can't even find an active server with the new maps. It sucks cause I think the maps are actually very good and I like this game but the player base is so tiny. Hardcore is such a niche in this game I bump into the same strangers every single time I play. Now I'm just waiting for Black Ops for my FPS fix... Ugh

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

frenton posted:

I made another quick "themed" montage. I decided to do it a little different than the music montages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1CxXhi9Omo

lol really funny. nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence
Was messing around on the desert map (can't remember the name) and ended up headshotting some guy from across the map during a sandstorm. "Luck" is usually the response I get, but I saw the faint color of the Orange marker above his head and just gave it the old college try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHlCIsKKsRo

:smugissar:

• Locked thread