Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mill Village posted:

Its a Criminal Weapon. It currently costs $18k.

Are they talking about the gun itself or the license?

I'm not even sure if you have to buy the license after the 1,250 kills or whatever. I'm no where near that with any of mine.

50k sounds a little harsh for the uzi. It's decent but it's not that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

I could have looked it up. I just wish they were hinted at somewhere instead of being cryptic for no reason.

Thanks either way. And I also see why others think the Camera coins are a pain in the rear end.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Smelly posted:

Are they talking about the gun itself or the license?

I'm not even sure if you have to buy the license after the 1,250 kills or whatever. I'm no where near that with any of mine.

50k sounds a little harsh for the uzi. It's decent but it's not that good.

The license. All weapon licenses are 50K.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
It's not addressed in the patch notes so I hope they don't change the health in hardcore mode. I've always loved hardcore mode in CoD games for many reasons, one being the super low TTK, but in this game I'm very used to the standard 100 health at this point. I still love hardcore for having no radar, no hitmarkers etc so I really hope they don't lower health despite how much the rest of the hardcore community is bitching about it. I can only imagine how fast the K10 would chew up enemies at 60 health.

As for battlepack chat, I'm sure its random but yeah, I always get garbage. I've somehow put 100+ hours into this game already and spent probably 5 million on battlepacks and I've literally only got 2 melee weapons, the only things I want, out of them. I've gotten probably 8 different random shapes of people for the emblem maker. Never buy anything less than Gold though or you're guaranteed garbage.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Smelly posted:

People bitched about the RPGs? I never felt they were over powered.

They're kind of crap to be honest, much as I enjoy using them. There's nothing in this game that you really need an RPG to kill when grenade launchers exist and 2-shot anything in the game and they completely ruin Hotwire when you have shitters hiding around every corner with an RPG.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Ah they're reducing K10 damage. That's not fun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It still has that insane fire rate so I don't think it will hurt it too much. I've looked up the damage charts for the guns and most of them do about the same damage as BF4 guns deal, but with much higher fire rates.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
13HK at range is a little rough with a 25 round mag, but I understand their thinking.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I hope whomever came up with the idea of camera coins gets facefucked by a werewolf.

Edit: Hmmm...might try these tips out later.

Edit #2: Managed to somehow get a few camera coins using the above method and only after finding Blood Money matches that ran the entire duration and didn't have any hackers in them that could gently caress with my cameras. I don't understand how people get them in TDM since the spawns are all over the place and usually half of my team has cameras of their own put down anyway. What a horrible grind either way.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 25, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
You know what I want? A option to turn off the audio callouts. I'm genuinely fed up with hearing 'motherfucker' every other word while playing as the criminals. It's like playing a kid trying to sound tough because he learnt a new naughty word.

And the obligatory sniper-rifle bitching because I'm sick of hearing bullets whizzing past. It sickens me to admit it, but I preferred when snipers just sat in the map corners. At least you didn't have to hear them shooting and missing you all the goddamn time.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Recently got out of a game of Hotwire with a 350 ticket lead that we ended up losing. Really can't stand the pubbies in this game. PSN is BrownThunder85

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha, you really thought you'd be able to use that 250,000 dollar outfit in a game? you better go buy it for the undercover cop side too, because that's what it will default to in EVERY game.

gently caress this game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Framptonlive posted:

Haha, you really thought you'd be able to use that 250,000 dollar outfit in a game? you better go buy it for the undercover cop side too, because that's what it will default to in EVERY game.

gently caress this game.

Yeah, I used a voucher to unlock an elite outfit. But I have no idea if my character is actually wearing it. I mean, how can you tell?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

beedeebee posted:

Yeah, I used a voucher to unlock an elite outfit. But I have no idea if my character is actually wearing it. I mean, how can you tell?

Sometimes you can see your sleeves when you pull your parachute. It does like to change your custom loadout back to default outfit but if you remember to select the outfit you want on the deploy screen your guy does actually wear it.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Really wish they would do away with rpgs being able to lock-on and one hit kill transport choppers. Pretty sure dice got rid of that horseshit in the bf4 beta.

Stingers being able to lock on and fire through ecm/flares and reloading in 1 second is bullshit enough.

At least give some kind of notification that you have a tracer dart stuck on you.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I made some battlefield montages messing around with sharefactory :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5hJIZM5tY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l85h1n8jDVc

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

frenton posted:

Neat! I added these to the OP.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Ah, how awesome! Thanks!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

frenton posted:

Nice clips. I still have no idea how that whole PS recording thing works, but might have to look into it. I've come across some pretty cool moments too :)

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

beedeebee posted:

Nice clips. I still have no idea how that whole PS recording thing works, but might have to look into it. I've come across some pretty cool moments too :)

Basically you push the "share" button at any time, select save video clip and it will save the last 15 minutes of whatever was on your screen, even if it's just you scrolling around in the dashboard. So I'd just push it after a good game or something cool happened I was sure I wanted to see again. Then you use the share factory app to tediously trim and arrange all your clips. It's a bit of headache and the options are pretty limited but I know nothing about video capturing or editing so it's a pretty cool little feature for newbies like me. The worst is when you're scrolling through 15 minutes of footage you don't remember why you saved looking for a 3 second clip of something awesome happening.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Looks like private servers are back. Which means the rise of the pubby badmin :negative: I got banned in about 5 minutes by shooting a spawncamping clan that ran the server, then stealing 'their' attack helo on riptide. good old battlefield is back.

Is anyone else less than excited to play? I was thinking today, "Gee, I could play BFH, or maybe watch the rest of Powers." I decided instead to take a nap.

I wish I hadn't gone for the digital download, I would be returning this POS already.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

red19fire posted:

Looks like private servers are back. Which means the rise of the pubby badmin :negative: I got banned in about 5 minutes by shooting a spawncamping clan that ran the server, then stealing 'their' attack helo on riptide. good old battlefield is back.

Is anyone else less than excited to play? I was thinking today, "Gee, I could play BFH, or maybe watch the rest of Powers." I decided instead to take a nap.

I wish I hadn't gone for the digital download, I would be returning this POS already.

Yeah I haven't played for a while, I realised that I'd have much more fun running around with a shotgun in Cod:AW, so I've been playing that instead. Good job Battlefield.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I really love driving around in the interceptor or muscle car and run people over. Downtown is ideal for that. Best part is if you launch yourself off a ramp or something and land on other players :rice:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
If you're not getting banned from player servers by not following their stupid rules, then You're Doing It Wrong.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Note to Helicopter pilots: don't fly low near an enemy Tanker that is loaded with C4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdiGDSpsndA

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

If you're not getting banned from player servers by not following their stupid rules, then You're Doing It Wrong.

It never ceases to amaze when player T-Baggin-FU, of clan T-BAGZ, bans me from the server for teabagging after wiping out him and his sniper buddies holed up on a roof somewhere.

irony is dead.

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
Hey dudes, I traded in my copy of the game and never used the code for the 3 Gold Battlepacks.

If somebody wants it, here it is:

35J8-PQNF-2MN7

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I'm sure many people have done it better than me but I couldn't resist making this. Ladies and gentlemen, it's HAMMER TIME! :slick:

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

frenton posted:

I'm sure many people have done it better than me but I couldn't resist making this. Ladies and gentlemen, it's HAMMER TIME! :slick:

Let me be the first to tell you that it is glorious.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

frenton posted:

drat, you got denied at the end there.

I also liked the guy that turned around just in time to take a hammer to the dome.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

frenton posted:

:bravo:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Picked the game up yesterday evening because I spotted it cheap and applied to join the CAWKs so hopefully I can play with some of you guys soon. :madmax:

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence
I hope to see all of you on there. I'm playing on PS4 under XxFuneralFirexX. If I headshot you like this, be sure to message me on how bad I hurt your feelings :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV2wriPtclw

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I know the story mode isn't ever the best, but I WAS having a good enough time playing through it until...............

EPISODE loving 8.

I got the game stopping bug/glitch after I died at the airfield.

Yet, there's still no patch for it. Classic Battlefield, right?

HatefulBartender
Mar 18, 2015
https://account.xbox.com/en-US/game...76-e00e7fe465df
Always watch the stairs..

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Now it's moments like that are why people play Battlefield.

Or driving a tank through a house and collapsing it on the people cringing upstairs in terror. Guess we can't have it all. I'm still on the fence about trading this in. I'll probably see if the next patch lowers the obscene requirements for unlocking stuff, otherwise I'm out. :sigh:

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

My favorite part is after you smashed the two guys with the pistol your guy goes "Holy gently caress!" and I'm like "How did battleman read my mind?"

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Something here about how the first expansion will include a nail gun as one of those in-map pick ups, and some new maps. Like anyone cares EA!

HatefulBartender
Mar 18, 2015

frenton posted:

My favorite part is after you smashed the two guys with the pistol your guy goes "Holy gently caress!" and I'm like "How did battleman read my mind?"

I might have been teabagging them..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Picked this up since it was cheap...ish and I'm stupid. Add dog_nougat on psn

Edit: are there any unlocks tied to sp like 4?

Edit 2: What the gently caress is this goofy-rear end voucher system?

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 24, 2015

• Locked thread