Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Kotaku [...] is super poo poo and terrible.

super agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

dang

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Industry definitely needs a good highway system.

On mine I have a highway offramp at one end on the industry area and a cargo train on the other and it seems to work ok enough. Avenues can handle the cross flow.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

They need to add subway to elevated/surface rail transitions and on-road light rail and subsurface road tunnels. Apparently I want to make a Boston but that's my wishlist anyway.

Oh and more venues for other sports, like an arena or a baseball park.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Here's my city before I ruin it with a disgusting highway:

Traffic is almost perfect and I can't quite figure out why since I experimented with so much crap before this.

The names of your districts are pretty........ corny

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's so freaking hard to get a good highway system. I figured out before that it's best to just keep the actual highway at ground level, but the custom map I'm using has an elevated highway at the beginning so I carried on and made a spaghetti monstrosity.

I like the elevated highways in town so it's easier to put roads under them.

I wish parks didn't need a road connection to stop from filling up with death bodies, the paths should be enough.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Traffic whackamole is driving me insane.

The best thing about it in this game is traffic impacts service delivery, but it didn't seem like people actually care about the traffic itself. Put two of whatever service you need on both sides of the traffic jams and everything seems to work out

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

It's fun as hell and reasonably priced and written by a bunch of nerdos who liked sim city and were pissed that SC2k13 was so bad

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

After a while the oil goes away too. I haven't tried mining but l bet it works the same way.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Wormskull posted:

It's hard to exactly tell whether water flow is going to work sometimes and often by the time you've waited for the water to back up against the drat and see if it actually starts electricity output the refund for bulldozing is at like 50% value.

It gives an estimate of the power output while you're placing the dam? Idk what you're on about.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Wormskull posted:

Or another time when I dammed part of a river that said 64 estimate and ended up also having 0 and causing the river to back up and flood the flat parts of half the map. lol

That's a terrible dam. Pick a river with heavy flow, the big triangle thingies. The one I built was estimated around 550MW and gets a bit more in practice. Once l can buy another square there's a spot currently outside of town that gets like 1000 est.

Also make sure the road on the dam is connected to the other roads somehow, I think that's also part of it.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's so loving dumb that your entire population is educated just because you have schools. You can tell this game was made by hippy retard europeans because farming makes more money than manufacturing and causes no pollution and forestry is completely sustainable and also causes no pollution. Wimnd farms are completely perfect and there's no reason to ever build anything that pollutes except for a landfill at the start of the game.

Yeah, it would be neat if renewables varied their power output so you had to either over build to weather the sags or have normal plants as backup to cover it.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PleasingFungus posted:

My cemeteries have ceased to function, for no reason I can comprehend. The city is filled with the bodies of the dead and the people flee in their hundreds.

All is lost.

Build crematoria in the downtown, they make no pollution or noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Forestry and farming is totally realistic and not at all over powered.

The farms in the second pic used to be basically a superfund site.

• Locked thread