Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I cna;t figure out how sewage works.

You poo poo in a pipe and it goes into a hole in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought this game, and now, it's time to boot it up and see how much I will need to murder the OP for tricking me out of 30 bucks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[JR voice, while I play this game:] By God! This is a vile troll!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does anyone got a steamworks map that looks like southern spain or something from a Leone movie.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Apart from city size and features actually working right this game feels extremely like Sim City 2013... Pretty awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love to pump mad turds out of my city! This game is off the chain.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like to put my water pumping station downstream of my sewage pipes and feed turds to my citizens.

This is awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait does water actually physically drain off the map as you pump it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did anyone confirm whether the pumps actually drain bodies of water in this game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I felt like on a workshop map I played that the terrain started being more prominent in this valley thing and then the water current changed at some point because of it but I might of not been paying attention and I been too lazy to load up the map over again to make sure.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I named my town Cumord's Cove and I have dozens of districts to tie into this general theme such as "GLBT EXclusionary Zone, home to 17 dog parks and no industry whatsoever, "Rentboy Range" and "Slattern's End", "Butt Eater Square" which is modeled after china to be a coal and industry wasteland with no landvalue, "Jews" is a large collection of commercial and office buildings that constantly seem to complain about tax rates, and the "Concubine Graveyard" is an area that is almost too polluted to live in, but also had tons of level 3 housing that people still occupy

I think this game is p cool, but i also think that it could be a lot cooler. it still feels like its missing a bit of character, and i wish there were more disasters and quirky things you could do to gently caress with the town

This is one of the worst posts I ever seen about a game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also, Wormskull, you can drain rivers dry. If you put a pump below a dam it drains even faster.

Yea I thought that was kind of neat. Never seen that in a city game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Corn-Obsessed New Zealand Man Found Dead From Starvation In Pile Of Hotwheels Tracks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish it had stuff from Sim City 2013 like the way roads can be paralleled and such.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was accidentally putting turd water in the tower in a tiny mining settlement I made on the other side of a mountain and it killed 20% of my entire population.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hydro plants seem kind of hosed up so I suggest quick saving before you place one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's hard to exactly tell whether water flow is going to work sometimes and often by the time you've waited for the water to back up against the drat and see if it actually starts electricity output the refund for bulldozing is at like 50% value.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

It gives an estimate of the power output while you're placing the dam? Idk what you're on about.

In my experience it's not always telling the truth. I waited 2 minutes for a dam that had an estimate of 144 to change from 0 and it didn't happen and when I bulldozed it I lost all the money on it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or another time when I dammed part of a river that said 64 estimate and ended up also having 0 and causing the river to back up and flood the flat parts of half the map. lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

After messing with it with cheats on I think it auto-orients to the water current at the time of placing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*Skshhhhh* Houston, we have irreversibly filled the only fertile lake on Mars with turds. Over

[G.O.B. voice:] I've made a huge mistake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Can you make artifical rivers. Because I want to pump my turds into a river, in the middle of town. Turd river.

You can't terraform directly in city management mode unfortunately. You can try to splash some diarrhea between some ridges on the map if your lucky I suppose, through clever use of pumps and dams.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I haven't played this much yet but is there not a treatment plant or anything like that? Just pump the shitwater downstream from the clean intake?

You unlock one later.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was putting it in the heaviest flow place I could see and had access to, coming off a big waterfall no less. It was just wonky and maybe because of being a workshop map.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a mod that lets you "upgrade" one way roads to a new direction if you need to.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just put some residential stuff by itself out in the forest with the forestry industry when I wanted to do that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hippie game designers is why I always try to make putrid hell worlds in these kinds of games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was playing this for a sec but not being able to easily make perfectly parallel roads annoyed me so I'm watching the WWE's Macho Man Randy Savage doc instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My God. Just learned that the Dunkin' Donuts I bake at is the very same that supplied donuts to the staff at the hospital where Macho Man Randy Savage died after his car crash with his wife.

• Locked thread