Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Kotaku says the traffic system is super poo poo and terrible.

http://kotaku.com/cities-skylines-the-kotaku-review-1690432932

that happened because he has one road for all those services to use and all the cars want to turn left off that road to get to where they're going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Can you go into more detail? His highway seemed ok? I want to get this game, but the "dead bodies everywhere + lovely traffic" was a big flag for my sim-OCD.

Cars get into the lane they want to be in to turn really, really early. If you have one or two artery roads that are off center (like in a corner of the city) then most people will want to turn left after they get to the city. This causes them to all get into that lane and have the "everybody's backed up in one lane" thing. This is because people don't drive like the shitheads in Seattle and stay in whatever lane they feel like then cut across 3 lanes of traffic once they are about to pass the exit.

There are some issues with it, if you make a shortcut a lot of people won't use it, regardless of traffic, but apparently they're supposed to have something in about the traffic in the next patch.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I keep having to restart because I don;t really plan and everything looks like poo poo even though I'm making barrels of money.

I think I need to restart soon since my city looks like crap with non-parallel roads and power lines going loving everywhere.

I figure I'll dick around with this one a bit more and once I get a feel for what I should be doing I'll start over or just buy new land and let the starting piece be a testament to how bad it was when i started.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I just realized the only way for my fire trucks to reach the residential zones is by going onto the freeway then exiting back into the city.

I think I need to start over and put more thought into my roads.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

maniacdevnull posted:

After a while the oil goes away too. I haven't tried mining but l bet it works the same way.

Do the forests go away if you make a forestry industry area or is it perpetual?

It says forests are renewable but I don't know if that means I need to do something or what.

• Locked thread