Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Has there been any news on the localization of Chaos;Head? Steins;Gate gets all the attention and while it's a much better VN, being able to mess with a schizophrenic otaku rear end in a top hat in the precursor to Steins;Gate was fun too. The fan patch is currently very buggy and stopped because an official localization deal was going through but that was a few years ago now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I'm not sure if this is within the purview of the thread, but there's a Let's Play of Steins;Gate and I wonder if it's Author ProfessorProf transcribed each word, how many words that is in toto, and what kind of personal hell he was trying to escape in doing so, and also when its release date for PS:V is.

Well, the Let's Play is based on the old unedited fantranslation, before JAST USA bought the rights to it and rewrote and edited it into the official retail release for the west. Probably still a lot of transcribing though.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

So if I want to play the optimal Steins;Gate what version of it should I be playing?

There's no differences between the PC version and the upcoming Vita or PS3 versions so get it on the platform you're comfortable with.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Seems Chaos;Child is getting PS3, PS4 and Vita ports as well as an anime adaption.
Steins;Gate is also getting a sequel VN set on the beta world timeline called Steins;Gate 0.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Chaos;Head's pretty good as far as VNs go. People criticize the last chapter because the pacing for Takumi to actually stop being a useless piece of poo poo is a bit sudden but I also strangely found it rather refreshing too after putting up with the entire game of him being pathetic.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I wouldn't say that. The main villains still use psychological attacks and the description of the impalement scene in particular made me uncomfortable to read. It definitely felt rushed though, like they had to tie up all of the loose ends at once one after the other without giving you time to digest what happened.

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah the main character of Chaos;Head truly is a piece of poo poo but you're not meant to sympathize with him given that he's an otaku who only does the bare minimum attendance for school and his delusions tend to be either disgustingly perverse or horrifically violent.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 1, 2015

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Chaos;Head isn't as good despite an interesting premise of having a completely detestable schizophrenic MC, Robotics;Note is just kind of boring and Chaos;Child is good but is more or less a direct sequel to Chaos;Head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

I was gonna say "Maybe the anime I found out just now that exists, is a better way to experience Chaos Head?" They even adapted the only ending out of the three that matters. But it's apparently only 12 episodes long, so uh, maybe not.

No no no no no no no. The anime is even worse than the game.

voltcatfish posted:

Also of course the unfortunate bit about being a fan of visual novels where Chaos Head has an enhanced remake with new plot threads, routes, and better pacing, on the Xbox 360, that I'll never get to experience.

Although I am interested in the fact that the latest Science Adventure game is a six-years-later sequel to Chaos Head, but I will also probably never get to play that in English.

Maybe it's time to try learning Japanese again?

Yeah Chaos;Child is an interquel set between Stein's;Gate and Robotics;Notes but it's very much a sequel to Chaos;Head in premise.