Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010
I played some of Yurukill’s demo and while there were definitely aspects I liked, the first(?) viewpoint character struck me as aggressively milquetoast and the first big plot twist is foreshadowed so heavily that his inability to catch on and read the situation grated on me a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010
Let me know if they are. I got to the first confrontation that could end in death and screwed up and I was like “well, good riddance, I guess.”

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010
Been reading Mahoyo on and off after finally getting around to starting it and man, the cast is real good. Aoko is great, of course, but I have to appreciate how Nasu male protagonists are just built different in that they are the weirdest motherfuckers with the least self-preservation.

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010
I’m extremely happy that a bunch of classic VNs are getting official western releases, especially on the Type-Moon end of things. As they say, huge Fate/Stay Night Fan excited to play it for the first time.

Speaking of, I’ve been working my way through Mahoyo and really enjoying it, but I’m getting a little concerned and confused by the pacing. Based on the way the chapter select is structured, it seems like I’m getting close to the end, but, well… I just finished the chapter with the Alice versus Touko fight and it feels like between Beowulf and the church there’s a segment of the cast that has been barely introduced? Like there’s this pretty boy priest featured prominently on the box who hasn’t even shown up yet and it kind of felt like the church was something to keep in mind for later, but I have no idea how any of this will factor into anything without the last chunk being hilariously dense.

I don’t know, it’s probably not going to bug me all that much if it is the case outside of wishing we had less Kinomi and more of everyone else, but it is kind of a thing that’s bothering me as I actually read.

How much of it do I even have left, anyway?

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010
Ahh, I see! That makes sense, I didn’t remember about it being intended as an episodic thing. It’s a shame it continuing as a VN seems to be less and less likely as time goes on since I’ve been really liking how it pushes the format and VNs are a lot more convenient for me than anime.

Very excited about the goofy post-game chapter, though, one of the highlights for me has been that time Aoko thought Sojyuurou joined a con artist cult and went nuclear on them.