Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm phoneposting so I can't easily get a good picture but I'll recommend Corpse Party for the PSP.

I would just like at say that I do not recommend the sequel, Book of Shadows.While it is closer to a visual novel than the original game, the stories in it are poorly written, too long, or involve inappropriate stuff happening to a character that looks like a child.

And only one of the eight stories are scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

gay skull posted:

Oh good, another thread for me to cry and have big lovey group hugs with all my pals who are also blueballed as poo poo by Virtue's Last Reward.

Just keep telling yourself that the sequel will come out one day, even if it is just in English countries.

Then realize how stupid that sounds and get back to crying :negative:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

So all I see in this thread so far are good games. Lets change that :getin: (don't worry, still all ages. Well, T at least).

There is this one game that I really love, yet I have to admit is basically unplayable.

The game is Lux-Pain, for the Nintendo DS, localized by Ignition Entertainment in North America, and created by a company called Killaware (according to GameFAQs, their last game was released in 2009, so they might be out of business).

The story is pretty interesting. You play as Atsuki Saijo, a psychic who has been sent undercover as a high school student in Kisaragi City. He works for FORT, a secret government organization that is tasked with fighting Silent. These Silent are mind parasites, manipulating the host to do various things - some turn people into murderers, some turn people suicidal, etc. To fight them, Atsuki uses his psychic powers to read peoples thoughts, and force the Silent to reveal itself so he can kill it.

The mind reading parts are done by scratching at the DS's touch screen with the stylus to find worms (stray thoughts), and the Silent battles are also fought using the touch screen.

Seems all right so far right? So what's the problem?

Well, Killaware translated the game to English in house, but Ignition decided to keep that translation, despite having done their own translation of the game. This means that the game's text is so badly translated that it is almost unreadable. At least you can listen to the English voice acting, which, due to following Ignition's translation of the game, is completely different then the text.

Despite that, I still really like the game, but I could never recommend it to anybody.

Any thoughts?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

They also had some bullshit optional collectibles which unlocked chapters of a weird-rear end dating sim side story?
Oh and there was that Emotion system. I got the best ending and I never did figure it out completely.

The dating sim stuff was a large part of the archives, but the archives also included small scenes that were not shown in the game, like some backstory stuff. It also included Atsuki's birthday party.

As for the emotion system :shrug:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

mycot posted:

I just found out the latest entry in Liarsoft's Steampunk series (Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning) is being localized, which is nice since I have a soft spot for the series. Does anyone know anything about Mangagamer before I get my hopes up? Are they that one company that's notorious for having series end up in development hell or is that another one.

You can find out the status of the game on their Staff Blog, though I won't put up a link because, of course, most of what they do is 18+.

Looking at the blog, their current status for the Higurashi rewrite is :

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (Re-Translation)
–Onikakushi: Double Checking Script, Updating UI
–Translation: Watanagashi at 14.7%