Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Just finished Higurashi: When They Cry (Everything on Steam except for Rei and Hou+) and now I see what all of the fuss is about. Didn't care for some of the Made-For-The-Comiket-Otaku-Crowd stuff, but I loved the characters especially Shion, Ooishi and even sweet, stupid Keiichi.

I played the Mangagamer version without mods. I thought the art was fine, and honestly liked it better without the voice acting. People seem to like the console version of the sprites best, but personally I would have loved it if the character art for the whole VN was done by Tomohi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEM-rr7zm9g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Thanks! I'd heard a few of those but didn't want to go searching around YouTube until I was finished with Matsuribayashi. The first time I heard "You" I was driving myself nuts trying to remember where I'd heard it before until I remembered that Nico Nico Douga Medley from 2008.

Anyway, now that I finished Higurashi I can finally go back and enjoy a bunch of 15-20 year old memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3I1cz7Mt74

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
"One hundred years volunteering at the Hinamizawa shrine people keep asking if they can gently caress in the storage shed, buddy they won't etc etc...."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

ymgve posted:

Just started Umineko. First chapter has the main character talking about wanting to fondle his cousin's breasts. Second chapter has the main character talking about wanting to fondle his other cousin's breasts, in the future, when she's not a child anymore.

Ughhhhh.

Yeah gonna start Umineko once I finish 428 Shibuya Scramble and it really sucks how Ryukishi07 can be such a good writer but also fill his VNs with the grossest otaku pervert poo poo. The goofy club scenes are tolerable at best but when Keiichi and Irie start talking about maids and moe and Rika-chan in an Angel Mort outfit I start thinking You know what? Go ahead and activate Manual 34 or whatever, guys. Time to throw the whole town out

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Ok yeah I just finished episode one of Umineko and so that's what all of the fuss was about. Holy poo poo that was incredible. Maybe it's because I like upstairs/downstairs, murder mystery, occult stuff and rich family bullshit more than After School Club Hijinks, but I'm liking this even more than Higurashi. gently caress, I need to get into Episode 2 soon so I can start looking at what you all are so thoughtfully spoiler tagging.

Anyway, thoughts after episode one. Love the cast, especially Battler, Natsuhi, and Eva. Wish I'd started taking notes from the beginning, but I have some theories and ideas. Looking forward to being proven completely wrong in subsequent chapters.

Also more writers should be willing to pull this kind of baller move.

"It's like something I read in this great novel called The Shining," Randal Flagg said. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."