Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kennisiou
Jun 5, 2013
Female 6! Name her Lucretia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

berryjon posted:

FEMALE #10 named Terri.
Chi Casting +1
Intelligence +1
Charisma +1

Lady Ork :colbert:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I like to get enough Charisma and the related skill to get myself an idol for when there's nothing better to do, so that I guess. No preferences otherwise.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

male #10

"You did not bleed on these goddamn shoes."

Put everything you can into Chi Casting.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
By the by, I'm going to quote this and repost it in the relevant post with all the stuff in it, but I should mention a few of the perks that certain milestones will unlock (but nothing that we don't have enough points to reach).

Close Combat 3 - Additional Weapon Slot
Close Combat 4 - Overwatch (If you've played XCOM, it's basically the same idea here.)
Melee Weapons 1 - Thrust ability (Melee attack with +DMG and Armor Penetration, but -Acc.)
Melee Weapons 2 - Visible Critical Damage %
Throwing Weapons 2 - Aimed Throw ability (Throwing attack with increased accuracy)
Throwing Weapons 3 - Bladed Distraction ability (Throwing attack that deals AP damage but lower DMG)
Chi Casting 3 - Ability to equip Mana Fist ability when purchased, Chi Focus (gives double-hit with melee weapons)
Chi Casting 4 - Ability to equip Stride ability when purchase, additional spellbook slot.
Charisma 2 - New social etiquette (Allows new options in conversation)

SOCIAL ETIQUETTE OPTIONS;
Corporate
Security
Gang
Socialite
Shadowrunner
Street
Academic

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Steak Eater posted:

Corporate
Security
Gang
Socialite
Shadowrunner
Street
Academic

Clearly, as a Shadowrunner, the Shadowrunner Etiquette makes the most sense and probably is the most useful.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
We want Security because the Etiquette system is rather unbalanced in its usage and we'd get far more mileage out of Security than a good amount of the others.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The two best etiquettes are Security and Corporate.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Male #16 looks like a pretty rad dude. Give 'em some Charisma for that little etiquette perk.

Kennisiou
Jun 5, 2013

Steak Eater posted:

Corporate
Security
Gang
Socialite
Shadowrunner
Street
Academic

Socialite, clearly. Because our Ork is high society and full of class.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

wiegieman posted:

The two best etiquettes are Security and Corporate.

Not gonna get descriptive, but, yeah basically. A lot of the scenarios are kind of skewed with these in mind. Full disclosure, I really wouldn't mind if you started me off with one of those. They don't necessarily make the game easier, but they make some earlier sidequests actually possible.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Steak Eater posted:

Not gonna get descriptive, but, yeah basically. A lot of the scenarios are kind of skewed with these in mind. Full disclosure, I really wouldn't mind if you started me off with one of those. They don't necessarily make the game easier, but they make some earlier sidequests actually possible.

Get whatever you need to show the content, imho.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah there's such a thing as too much voting, in my opinion. Having played Dragonfall DC, I feel like etiquette selection is on that line. I mean you haven't even started the game yet :v:

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Victis posted:

Get whatever you need to show the content, imho.

Truth be told, if I don't get too overwhelmed with the main run I might do a side 'What If' campaign to tie up some of the loose ends, since you can't possibly see everything with one character. But again, that's if I don't burn out on one playthrough.

Psion posted:

Yeah there's such a thing as too much voting, in my opinion. Having played Dragonfall DC, I feel like etiquette selection is on that line. I mean you haven't even started the game yet :v:

Fair point. I wasn't gonna dwell too much on the smaller details but I guess I forgot. Honestly I might even trim the vote down to the 3 leading portraits because I just want to get this thing rolling.

So let's!
MALE 10
MALE 16
FEMALE 6
e: FEMALE 16

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 14, 2015

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yeah, grab what etiquettes you need to show stuff off. They're kind of strangely nuanced.

Male 16 still for the mugshot.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Male 16

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Female 16

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Valgaav posted:

Female 16

You know I had actually meant to cut off the vote to the 3 portraits, but I like Female 16 so I'll allow this.
Votes will be closed tomorrow morning though so get yours in if you care to.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Steak Eater posted:

You know I had actually meant to cut off the vote to the 3 portraits, but I like Female 16 so I'll allow this.
Votes will be closed tomorrow morning though so get yours in if you care to.

I had meant 6, but hosed it up - but 16 is great and I'd have voted for it anyway if I thought I could, so 16 it is.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Valgaav posted:

I had meant 6, but hosed it up - but 16 is great and I'd have voted for it anyway if I thought I could, so 16 it is.

Sure. Female 16.

Because when drek hits the fan you have to roll with it.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Male 16, cause you gotta wear shades in the dystopian future.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I wanted Female 18, but I guess I'm too late for that, so I'll vote Female 16.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Female 16 because I want a female protagonist.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Female 16 will be our protagonist! I'll get to work on the update later today, so until then you can keep throwing names out there and I'll pick the one I like the most or something.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Her name should be, fearless leader. No capitalization. :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

Her name should be, fearless leader. No capitalization. :v:

Sure, why not?

e: I see why not.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 14, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Because it's akin to naming whatever Red XIII's name is "whatever Red XIII's name is" in FFVII. One of the characters will refer to you that way constantly.
I'd go for something offensively German for the name. Y'know, like Gretel von Sauerkraut.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 14, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure I understand, do you mean that someone refers to the main character as 'fearless leader' all the time normally?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yes. That's not saying it shouldn't happen, just that people should keep in mind it's a gimmick run.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Hazel for a name. She seems scrawny for an Ork...I'm not sure whether that's because she's shy and meek in personality, or if she'd have a complex about her size and use Adept Skill to show everyone she's not that weak.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Ethel

I am not voting on stats or such because I never cared too much about that bit.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Let's call her Sweet 16.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

anilEhilated posted:

Because it's akin to naming whatever Red XIII's name is "whatever Red XIII's name is" in FFVII. One of the characters will refer to you that way constantly.
I'd go for something offensively German for the name. Y'know, like Gretel von Sauerkraut.

I like that idea.

When I started this game, my son was watching lots of Thomas the Tank Engine, so I gave mine the handle Useful Engine. I thought it worked very well for the punk setting.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I actually also like it, but if you shorten it to Sauerkraut.

rodomontade
Oct 10, 2013
Also voting for Sauerkraut!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Soundtrack: Too Quiet (Ambient)

[You know it won't last. You know it for what it is: a pleasant illusion that will shatter at the sound of the first gunshot.]

We're on a tight timetable. I want to enter the estate, find the basement, open the data vault, extract the files, and bolt. 10 minutes, top-to-bottom.

[Monika's eyes twinkle with mischief.] Maybe.

How many times have I told you? You can't trust anything that comes out of a dragon's mouth. That trid-trash will rot your brain.

[She grins.] It's educational. Besides, this should be a milk run. Security is supposed to be light. A few automatic weapons, no armor. With a little luck, they'll never know we were here.

Just like old times, eh?

They may only be private security, but their bullets don't know that. I can patch you up if I have to... but I'd rather not have to.

You people need to relax. We're professionals, remember?
[Monika raises her arm and speaks into her wrist-mounted commlink. A darkened face shimmers on the viewscreen.]
Eiger, are you in position?

Excellent. Thank you, Eiger.
[The commlink goes dark. Monika winks at you as she drops her arm.]
See? We're professionals. All right, people. Enough chatter. Our client wants the data from the vault, so we get him the data from the vault. Quick, quiet... and quick.

You said "quick" twice.

[She grins.] "Wyrm Talk" is on tonight.

[Glory raises an eyebrow. Slightly.]

First things first, you don't want to leave withour your gear on a mission. We'll have a screen that allows us to assign everything ahead of time for future runs, but this is just to establish what weapon we're going to be starting off with.

We start with the Killing Hands spell in our inventory, which I was under the impression would outclass our Machete attacks until we started investing more in them. I may have been mistaken.

poo poo, they took off for the door while I was checking my stats! Lousy, no good...

I thought we were professionals...

The door is unlocked, and I have my objectives. Simple enough; get downstairs and don't get anyone killed. That shouldn't be a problem.

Money that could be burned on a lock, maybe?
A few notes indicate that the museum has a handful of well-preserved Slavic artifacts, an ancient cask, and a genuine fossilized theropod dinosaur. Whoever runs this place is either gonna net me a hefty paycheck or a trip to the morgue. Fingers crossed on the former, I guess.

Though, it couldn't hurt to give myself a bonus.
Okay, vase, you're coming with me.
[As you draw your arm back to smash the glass, Dietrich catches it. His gnarled hand tightens around your wrist.]

[Dietrich offers you a toothy grin.]
Unless the vase figured into your plans to complete the mission somehow? Did you have a vase-oriented strategy that I was unaware of?

I was thinking we could use it to smuggle Monika into the data vault.

The man raises a good point. He's usually on point on these kinds of things, and we can always come back later.

I wonder if they're compensating- nah forget it let's just get moving.

The elevator is to the north-most room. (North-east? The isometric view throws me a little) We might be better off checking the surrounding areas, in case we can scrounge up anything useful.

...or we could blow our cover.

Soundtrack: Too Quiet (Gunfight)

Those of you who played X-COM: ENEMY UNKNOWN may be familiar with the Action Point and Cover systems used here, since, bar destructible terrain and the damage calculation, they're two sides of the same coin. We can move and attack using one AP for each, though we can use the attack to move to the side of an opponent for the cost of 1 point.

For instance, if that weren't the case I would have had to use 2 AP to move next to my target and wouldn't have been able to attack, but because I'm using melee I can click an enemy unit and attack after moving.

I'll expand on the descriptions of more abiltiies and the like later, but I'll just get this one out of the way, because Glory's Adrenal Pumps are bonkers and I completely missed them for the first half of my first playthrough. If you have Glory in your party, ACTIVATE ADRENAL PUMP AS SOON AS AVAILABLE. It takes 1 AP to use it, but you get the bonus +1 AP back immediately, so the only issue activating it is the cooldown. You can probably strategize around it if you have some downtime, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about saving it.

Oh also the number above the enemy's head is the chance to hit them with whatever attack you have selected. I feel like that's kind of self explanatory but I guess it's important to know just in case.

Like so!

I usually use Glory's melee abilities, which will be demonstrated later in the update, but sometimes burst fire will do the job just as well. If you get lucky, that is, because Glory doesn't have the best aim with a gun.

Since Monika is a decker, she can override locks and hack computers that we wouldn't be able to touch otherwise.
>>>Matrix Operations Unlocked
Aces. Hopefully that got us into somewhere nice in the next room.

Dietrich isn't in the best cover right now. In fact, it doesn't provide any real protection other than getting him out of the open, but it does give him a good position to play an effective support skill. Shamans like Dietrich are bound to an Idol, which usually grant team buffs in an area around them. Dietrich's is the Dragonslayer, which works best if you have to be clumped up for god knows what reason (don't do this on higher difficulties because you will get naded into oblivion and all the DMG reduction in the world won't be enough).

And voila! Our team is guarded better against the hail of bullets that's sure to find us in the coming moments.

Also Dietrich can buff the accuracy of allies, which is important when you consider that most of our crew would have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn.

Remember that hail of bullets I mentioned?

Because it turns out every shot missed this turn. Don't worry, it'll come up. In the next combat. When our buff doesn't carry over to unless we reactivate it. It's not going to matter then. Woo.

Anyway I'm going to move Gretel into light cover because there's no better cover she can move into by sprinting, and she's not going to do any good at all in the back rows without projectiles.

At least now we get to demonstrate Glory's melee capability. Not particularly well mind you since she has to use 3 AP just to get up to the enemy from her side of the room, but without that Adrenal Pump I wouldn't have been able to get there at all, so take what you can get.

Glory's melee attacks have an innate bleed effect, which cause enemies to take damage over time via their blood leaving the body. The attacks are so accurate and effective generally, however, that the bleed is icing on the cake.

Also throwing weapon users can throw on the same turn as moving if they were out of range. It seems that eventually your range will grow long enough as the game progresses that you won't have to move to attack at all, so I never bothered practicing. Besides, half the time you just end up dropping yourself out of cover in doing so, though if you do end up behind cover by moving you will hide behind it after your attack. It's not going to come up often, but it's worth keeping in mind if the opportunity arises.

Oh right moving Glory out into the open like that isn't the best idea because now she's totally vulnerable and ripe for the shooting. Enemies can crit too! And I couldn't be happier about the timing!

Because I get to demonstrate another of Dietrich's abilities! Magical healing can be used to patch up the most recent wound an ally has received, but this doesn't apply to every hit taken during one turn. Say, if you were hit by 2 shots from the same Burst Fire attack, you would only be able to magically heal the damage from the second shot. This is actually very good to keep in mind as magic healers start appearing on enemy squads very quickly and often. Luckily, Glory took only a single major hit, and Dietrich can just undo it! That's probably the first time I can say that getting criticaled was a good thing.

As a Decker, Monika has a very nice ability to mark a target for death, which makes it easier to hit them if you don't... er, miss targeting them. Which can happen. Frequently. But this time it didn't! See how the Security Guard in the back has a 27% chance to be hit by her basic shot?

A flick of the wrist and...

Bang! The chance to hit is... still pitifully low but it's much better than it was, and other crew members who don't have shite accuracy can take better advantage!

Like Glory, who proceeds to use her 3 AP eviscerating the poor fucker.

The battle closes with Monika landing a shot with that beautiful 'averaging at about less than 50%' accuracy.

Guess we should check out the room Monika unlocked, eh?

Monika, darling, would you be so kind?

Next time, we enter the Matrix

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 17, 2015

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I think you posted the wrong screenshot for when we're introduced to Dietrich.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

GhostStalker posted:

I think you posted the wrong screenshot for when we're introduced to Dietrich.

Ugh, you're not wrong.
Yeah, feel free to let me know when I make a mistake. There will probably be many, since it turns out my proofreading abilities are sometimes lacking.
Also the image quality for the next few updates probably won't be as good as I'd like since I had Steam compressing the screenshots by accident. Off to a rousing start.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Right out of the gate we get a look at Monika's decking setup. Despite being a bit lackluster on the field, she has excellent starting programs, including an Assassin ESP (Expert Systems Program), which serves as a party member in the digital world that will draw fire and do massive damage to single targets.

Soundtrack: Runners Eternal

This is The Matrix, the interior of the digital world that Deckers can traverse to dig up information, disable security functions, and so on. Conveniently, the inside of the computer works nearly identically to the outside world.

Including the combat! Monika has a much easier time in the Matrix because she has tremendous accuracy and damage!

The White ICs (the block-shaped programs) can only attack while in melee range, and as far as I can tell they cannot attack and move with the same AP like physical entities can, so if you're far enough away you might just be safe.

Damage in the Matrix is also calculated in increments of 5 and is usually fixed based on the type of attack, though there isn't much of a difference otherwise from what I've gathered. Cover functions nearly identically, but the issue is that when you're exploring, you're stopped in place if enemy programs appear, so it's easy to accidentally get yourself flanked or leave yourself exposed by accident.

There really wasn't anything I could do to avoid this, though only one of them actually hit.

This actually ended up working in my favor though! Mechanics time! Monika's Blaster program is an AOE ability, and functions like AOE abilities in the real world do! The short version is that you highlight a square on the map, and you throw your spell or ability in that general direction. The accuracy in this instance is the chance for the attack not to stray from the assigned target. If an AOE attack misses, it can still hit enemies, but it'll only hit those in the area around where it lands instead of where it was meant to land. You can hurt yourself with them, however, so I backed Monika away from her targets just enough to avoid recoil.

You don't always get this lucky, but AI programs are usually not intelligent and will basically make a bee-line to a position where they can hit you. The white ICs just corrale themselves into the crevice between the two cover points.

Deckers usually have self-heals for their digital selves as well, so the negligible damage taken during the previous skirmish is undone.

Round ICs have ranged attacks, but also matter a lot less when they're in the open as opposed to the blocks.

The Data Store there is our reason for being here, so since we're near the end I might as well demonstrate the Assassin ESP.

At this point in the game especially, 150 damage is astonishing. ESPs can actually activate data terminals like the Data Store here, but can only be summoned once per jack-in, so without stragetic purpose for bringing them out I'd save them for a tight spot.

Let's nab this paydata and get out. We leave from whence we came (and apparently I missed grabbing a screenshot of it), so we'll just head back there.

...killed the King of the Caryards to get out without having to pay, even though the King was the only reason his pursuers didn't go there in the fir- Oh hey, you're out! Let's get back to business.

Soundtrack: Too Quiet (Gunfight)

The rest of the security personnel have taken notice of our presence, probably something to do with the gunshots and the silent comms.

Dietrich is going to want to get in range of this Skull marker over here.

Also I activated Gretel's Killing Hands to try to beef up her strikes.

It was at this moment I decided to just switch over to my Machete.

Now I get to demonstrate one of the fun parts of being a Shaman. Landmarks in combat areas that have green sparks flying from them are points that Spirits can be summoned from to aid you.

Apocalypse spirits are pretty vicious. In my test run I managed to demolish 2 enemies with it alone.

If you can't read that from the bad screengrab timing, it missed the big guy on the right.

Spirits have a chance of breaking away every new turn if you don't unsummon them immediately, and spirits will be unsummoned against your will if the concentration of the summoner is broken, via flash grenade or the like. That said, after each turn, you can either choose to unsummon your spirit, or give it up to 4 AP to act. Each bonus AP you give them increases the chance of them freeing from your control, scaling up with each turn, but the escape chance is negligible on the first turn...

...or it would be if the chance algorithms in this game weren't horseshit. Now the nasty spirit is after me too. They may still attack enemies, but it's best not to let them live if you can help it.

I might as well just let Glory clean house instead. At least she won't turn on me indiscriminately!

Seriously, that extra AP does wonders.

But back to our summon, it turns out that if this weren't the tutorial mission, this would have totally hosed me. Not only does it choose to land the attack it missed with under my control...

...it also can use its max AP every turn, and uses them to Gretel several times with its melee attack, which does 1 damage to our AP per hit, meaning that since Gretel took more than one hit, our main character can't attack or move to saftey until next turn as a result.
gently caress.

Glory now has to put herself in harm's way just to keep Sauerkraut alive from getting bodied next turn (and wasting a Trauma kit, but I'll explain that more later).

Dietrich, despite seriously letting us down with that summon, proves to be extremely valuable by being able to pump a 4th AP per turn into Glory. The Haste spell takes 2 AP to use but gives an extra AP to any ally for a handful of turns, and since I didn't want to risk it being a waste on Gretel's debilitated rear end, I decided to keep pumping Glory up, since she's carrying us anyway.

So now that everyone's in a nice little bunch, the enemies start throwing grenades. Honestly, this isn't going as well as I was hoping.

At least it scared the drat spirit off, and Dietrich can get into cover while also providing his allies with his Dragonslayer buff.

Immediately, switching weapons from fists to actual weapons proved to be effective. Melee weapons do AP damage as well, while punching does not. Additionally, our Chi Casting skill gives us access to Chi Focus, which is basically a double-hit with a melee weapon (again, fists are left out in the cold).

Thinking about it, because Glory's claws count as unarmed, she misses out on the AP damage, but let's be honest there would be no reason to not bring her along on missions if she had AP damage on top of the bleed.

Soundtrack: Too Quiet (Ambient)

That was rough. The team's pretty beat up. Monika usually stays in the back row, so I ought to have her patch up the team.

Good thing only Glory and I took any major damage during that fight. Those two Medkits were enough to get us back into shape.

Bigger than on the schematic.
The schematic didn't have a date. Our client may have old intel. Still, our instructions were clear. The data we're looking for should be just on the other side of this door.
[Monika combs a hand through her hair, parting it to reveal the black plastic sheath of her datajack.]
A quick jaunt into the Matrix, a little digital hand-waving, and I'll have this thing wide open. Be right back.
I mean, I've run with you before Monika. I know how this works. You even did it earlier in the run.
[A burst of static crackles through the tiny speaker on Monika's commlink. Eiger. Still in position outside the estate.]

Wait have you not actually discussed this prior?
[Monika rolls her eyes. Dietrich fixes his stare intently on the vault door. Glory looks cold and distant. Just as she always does.]

We don't *need* rules and regulations to guide us. The same principles that apply to the Flux State...
Please. Spare me the lecture. Your politics have nothing to do with this.
Best get used to it, Eiger love.

I agree with Dietrich. If someone needs to take charge, it'll happen.
That may be how your mystical Flux State works... but in the field, that kind of thinking gets you killed.
Wait it's occuring to me that Monika already jacked in earlier, why didn't this come up then?
Come on, Monika. Put someone in charge, and let's get on with the mission.

Very well. We'll do this one Eiger's way. While I'm jacked in, Gretel von Sauerkraut is in charge.
No seriously, us having this conversation seems really om- wait did you say I'm in charge? Continue.

I thought you were a pro, Eiger. Questioning orders in front of the team isn't exactly a pro move, is it?

This is ridiculous. Clear the comm, rookie. *Now.*

Look, Monika. I know that this is a joke to you. But I'm telling you...
Eiger.
[Monika's tone is all business. Evidently, she has heard enough.]
The decision's made. You have your answer.
Acknowledged.
[Without another word, Eiger's image flickers and fades from Monika's communicator.]

Null sweat, I'll buy her a beer and talk it out after the run.
Good woman. Eiger's skills and experience are invaluable to this team. It would be good to have her on your side.
Okay now you're giving me that foreboding sense of dread again.
Okay, enough chatter. Let's get this done.

Okay that choice of words isn't helping either-
[Then she punches it, projecting her consiousness into cyberspace, her fingers harmonizing in the smooth rythmic staccato that only an expert decker can achieve.]

...THE gently caress WAS THAT!?

Chapter to be concluded in part 3

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Heh. Ominous indeed.

I'm glad it is not just me who thinks the RNG for this game is poo poo. Well, either poo poo or just stacked against you.

Missing 4 75% chance shots in a row is a regular thing for me.

• Locked thread