Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I already know my choice of class already lost, but I'm going to vote for elf street samurai anyway, because being an elf and dumping everything into "gently caress it up with an assault rifle" is awesome. :colbert:

The elf part should count anyway. Oh, and an important thing to note here if we're going to start hybridizing things, for those who don't know, is that cyberware fucks up your magic, so the short version is "the more metal you have, the worse you are at magic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Female 16, and for karmic allocation, Chi Casting and Melee Weapons.

And now for a :eng101: moment: a skill can't be higher than its governing stat, and a specialization can't be higher than its general skill. So we can't raise Melee Weapons past 3 until we raise Close Combat, and we can't raise Close Combat past 5 until we raise our Strength. I forget the Ork stat caps, but we won't be hitting those for a while yet, so who cares? Also there are more skills than were listed here, but they were left off because we won't be able to raise them a useful amount, especially not without completely boning the things we're supposed to be good at doing.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

In the last update, Black IC got mentioned. You can easily gather from context that it's bad mojo, but they don't really get into it. And since we're not a decker ourselves, it probably won't be relevant, but I'm going to :eng101: anyway.

IC, or Intrusion Countermeasures, are basically security programs. They come in three flavors: White IC fucks with software (your programs and persona, nothing a reboot can't fix). Gray IC fucks with hardware (if you've ever heard of "halt and catch fire," it's like that but dead serious). Black IC, which may be straight up illegal depending on where you go but this doesn't stop corps from putting it in the really sensitive places, fucks with wetware (you). It doesn't have to be lethal, but odds are that if you're snooping around somewhere sensitive owned by someone twitchy, they're going to make sure you can't run your mouth about what you saw.

• Locked thread