Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
can you fix this op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
make a new thread hth

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

added gfycats and tindeck embeds

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

I'm adding soundcloud support but lol at having to do requests to their api

so long as noone crafts any malicious soundcloud URLs should be fine haha

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
testing gfycat

http://gfycat.com/WideeyedDimpledEland

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I should probably update my sig

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

it's a p cool sig. thanks 4 adding the gfycat i couldn't b arsed. maybe iadd to first page later

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

script updation!!

bobbilljim posted:

Version :siren: 1.0 :siren:
  • soundcloud support

:cumpolice::siren: new no fart version: https://github.com/bobbilljim/yuspos/raw/nomonkeycheese/yuspos.user.js

click this link to add to greasemonkey / tampermonkey
https://github.com/bobbilljim/yuspos/raw/master/yuspos.user.js

click this link ot check out my lovely github repo
https://github.com/bobbilljim/yuspos/blob/master/yuspos.user.js

feel free to check out the functionality / ask 4 feature / sned pull request

I dont know if it will work in weird rear end safari (or opera...ew) but it should be more compatible than last time

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i don't care.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
works great in safari.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

ZShakespeare posted:

works great in safari.

:eyepop: score one for jquery and poo poo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I can't even figure out if ie can do userscripts

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

That's not entirely true soundcloud makes a bunch of errors about not being able to make requests from null and tin deck needs flash lol.

also webms straight up won't play in safari because of ~freedom~ or something.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

ZShakespeare posted:

That's not entirely true soundcloud makes a bunch of errors about not being able to make requests from null and tin deck needs flash lol.

also webms straight up won't play in safari because of ~freedom~ or something.

:pwn:

send me the errors if you want lol, too bad about flash and webms though.

on second thought might be able to fix webm. I assume gfycats work properly.

test:
http://webmbassy.com/v/cool-kid-dancing-computer-yospos-13537232430.webm

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

hopefulyl webms work now for safari, though it might depend on the hosting whether it hands out the right kind of mp4

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

GIFV IS HARAM

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

why do people say haram all the time now? Is gifv actually forbidden by Allah or is it some kind of hosed up appropriation

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

anyway they are just webms / mp4s really. no difference to teh end user :shrug:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

if i wanted to watch a video i would watch a video. there's an expectation that an embedded filmstrip is just that, not a loving video

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also idk why you think it's hosed up appropriation, it's a very useful concept for us to assimilate. if there's anything that american english is good at it's digesting and incorporating absolutely everything

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

webms is giving me a reference error, Can't find variable: webmLinks, which is probably ok because safari can't do web (gfycat works).

as for soundcloud:

code:
[Error] Failed to load resource: Cannot make any requests from null. (106850397.json, line 0)
[Error] XMLHttpRequest cannot load [url]https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/106850397.json?client_id=e9e08f5d3e6c544a4d1add6c762e9e2d.[/url] Cannot make any requests from null. (showthread.php, line 0)

Could have something to do with the safari security model. Since I couldn't get it to work with tamper monkey I did something really stupid, and made a wrapper extension that loads your no farts script from github and injects it into the DOM of a something awful page. Works great for the most part.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

ZShakespeare posted:

webms is giving me a reference error, Can't find variable: webmLinks, which is probably ok because safari can't do web (gfycat works).

as for soundcloud:

code:
[Error] Failed to load resource: Cannot make any requests from null. (106850397.json, line 0)
[Error] XMLHttpRequest cannot load [url]https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/106850397.json?client_id=e9e08f5d3e6c544a4d1add6c762e9e2d.[/url] Cannot make any requests from null. (showthread.php, line 0)

Could have something to do with the safari security model. Since I couldn't get it to work with tamper monkey I did something really stupid, and made a wrapper extension that loads your no farts script from github and injects it into the DOM of a something awful page. Works great for the most part.

yeah i hosed up teh webm thing moving some code around, that message is because i hadn't updated the variable name. added mp4 sources to video tags now so it might work.

but yeah, i think safari is too secure to allow the willy nilly get reqs. it might work in other browsers because they are less secure, or because teh userscript addons allow it, idk.

duTrieux. posted:

if i wanted to watch a video i would watch a video. there's an expectation that an embedded filmstrip is just that, not a loving video

a video looks the same or better, and it loads faster

duTrieux. posted:

also idk why you think it's hosed up appropriation, it's a very useful concept for us to assimilate. if there's anything that american english is good at it's digesting and incorporating absolutely everything

just say "gifv is forbidden" or "gifv is bad" what extra meaning do you think you are conveying here?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

a video looks the same or better, and it loads faster

it also significantly raises the barrier to entry for creation, editing, etc. 20 still images? anybody can edit that with a lovely computer. equivalent length video? hope you know how to edit video and also about encoders and processing etc.

quote:

just say "gifv is forbidden" or "gifv is bad" what extra meaning do you think you are conveying here?

that i dislike 'gifv' with an almost-religious fervor

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

it's not that difficult of an extension to the meaning, i seriously don't know what you're objecting to

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

verboten

kashrut

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

it also significantly raises the barrier to entry for creation, editing, etc. 20 still images? anybody can edit that with a lovely computer. equivalent length video? hope you know how to edit video and also about encoders and processing etc.

uh... you upload a gif to imgur (or other hosting) and it makes the video for you. you literally don't have to do anything different.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

uh... you upload a gif to imgur (or other hosting) and it makes the video for you. you literally don't have to do anything different.

wow, where are all of these people getting 20+fps gif files with no artifacting and more than 256 colors?!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

wow, where are all of these people getting 20+fps gif files with no artifacting and more than 256 colors?!

those aren't gifvs. I don't think imgur allows uploading video.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

i mean are you really complaining that other peoples animations are too good?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

those aren't gifvs. I don't think imgur allows uploading video.

any situation in which gifv is useful would be better served with a straight-up video

when i see a gifv i don't think "oh great a rich and engaging extension of the graphics interchange experience!" i think "why did this rear end in a top hat just rip 10second sof a youtube to another, smaller video"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

even if they don't start as video that's what they become, which locks them for any additional editing or manipulation by people who do't know how to do video effects

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also why the gently caress call it gifv when it's just a loving video

that's like saving a png as a jpg and then claiming you'v einvented a new image format called "jpgp" and furthermore gently caress you

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

"i've taken two motorcycles and lashed them together, creating an entirely new type of vehicle! i call it… the automocyle."

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

any situation in which gifv is useful would be better served with a straight-up video

when i see a gifv i don't think "oh great a rich and engaging extension of the graphics interchange experience!" i think "why did this rear end in a top hat just rip 10second sof a youtube to another, smaller video"

- they are straight up videos
- gifv is an imgur thing, and imgur allows you to download or view in gif format

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

if you right click->download a gifv you get a .webm

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

- they are straight up videos
- gifv is an imgur thing, and imgur allows you to download or view in gif format

can't have it both ways

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

take it to the trhead http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3706837

but i will say, just change the extension to read ".gif" :wink:

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like gifv a lot bc if im on le reddit i change .gif to gifv in the imgur url and it loads way better

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

gifv is nice because it intelligently selects the correct format for the device/browser it is requested on, webm for ~freedom~ browsers and mp4 for non-nerd poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

"i've taken two motorcycles and lashed them together, creating an entirely new type of vehicle! i call it… the automocyle."

• Locked thread