Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LoonShia posted:

Is that called The Skelethrone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

morestuff posted:

Watching Days of Heaven, and I love that Richard Gere has perfectly coiffed hair even when playing a 1920s steel worker

People looking inappropriately pristine is both one of my biggest pet peeves and a huge indicator of the material's quality. Smallville and AVP come to mind. You gotta have GRIT drat it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

morestuff posted:

I think his hair just does that, though.

It's not an absolute rule, I'm just bringing it up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Benzo's can be addictive, doctors don't like giving addictive substances to addicts.

Benzos are also really dissociative when abused and have a lot of poorly documented side effects, so they may or may not be something that we'll look back on horrified at having ever had it available for public consumption.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

One time I got fired for losing my poo poo after a guy who threatened to rape my sister showed up at the convenience store I was working at. I guess it's similar to threatening to murder someone to your boss?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:stare: Well in your case you were defending your people from some deranged motherfucker, so it's not exactly the same.

Oh I wasn't defending poo poo, the threat had passed and I only heard about that poo poo well after the fact, I just threw a Donald Duck tantrum at the motherfucker.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

ducks are rapists...

Jack Gladney posted:

Donald Duck is a murderer.

You guys are creeps.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's just not an appropriate time to bring such things up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I predict we'll see a headline about a Domino's customer getting a pizza pie to the face in a couple months.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Apparently some motherfucker out there made a comedy version of Bluebeard for high school level plays that "shatters the myth of Bluebeard"? I can't figure out why anyone would do this, for any reason. "I'm gonna ridicule people who think a nobleman could do violence on a woman and get away with it!"

Hbomberguy posted:

I am okay with horror except when it teaches me new facts about the human body. Like 'oh it turns out if I get cut there, blood will fly everywhere because arteries have way high pressure in them'. My job sometimes involves using box cutters to cut boxes, and post every horror movie night I get a little more afraid of becoming a blood fountain. I actually just use my sharpest screwdriver now instead of the cutting tools. poo poo. What We Do In The Shadows is a loving comedy, and my mind is racing.

You might be surprised to learn most horror films are not biologically and anatomically accurate.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gambit and Jubilee are the best X-men.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gonna let you guys in on a secret.... There's a mecha weekend coming.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sopranos is weirdly older than it seems.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Something that can be called bad without someone flipping seven different kinds of poo poo because in this world people have varied tastes

No such thing exists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This kickstarter I like is looking like it'll just barely make its goal and it's really hard to not just spam up the entire SA forums with links to it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

I think it'd be really cool if Better Call Saul at some point just went "gently caress it" and decided it wasn't beholden to the Basking Bad universe.

They can just do a time jump when they get tired of it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

But what I'm referring to are good sequels, which diverge interestingly from the themes and ideas of the original films.

Yeah, like Land of the Dead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's cool how I can say the dumbest thing I can think of and it'll still never be as dumb as your sincere views on film.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My opinion is that Land of the Dead is very bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

This is a really boring opinion.

I don't form opinions on widely panned films to impress people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

Jesus, like what you like just don't be a loving wank about it.

I wasn't trying to be a wank! I just thought "I bet if I name the worst sequel I can think of, Hundu will think it's good" and I was right. Sheesh.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FishBulb posted:

I can't imagine why anybody would wanna beef with Hundu. He's probably one of the only decent posters in this forum.

I wasn't trying to beef, I thought I was just teasin'. Sorry if I came off rude, I been up a while.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Not being as good as Return, Dawn, or Day is hardly a knock on a film, though. That's a pretty high bar.

It's not as good as some of the remakes of those films, either.

Like the comical class struggle story is so unsubtle and insulting compared to the stuff in Dawn and Day, and there's really nothing else in the film to latch onto.

And John Leguizamo's in it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

They're right, except that being a snob is good and being mad gay is even better.

I wish I was mad gay instead of being mad stupid.

Incidentally, Mad Gay and Mad Stupid is the name of my former puroresu tag team.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Spider-Man 2 is still the best. Just the small part where Doc Ock blows the bank vault and Peter subtly slides May's chair away is way more dynamic than the typical fare.

You know there's dipshits out there who hate the entire movie because Spider-man is "whiny".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He is, he's a whiny, squeaky voiced dork. What's crazy is that people praise Garfield as the counterpoint. He's just as whiny and on top of it, he's an ingrate.

Being kind of self centered, angsty and flawed is what makes him Spider-man tho. Like why would you count that as a negative in a Spider-man movie unless he's whining while living in a deluxe penthouse like in the MTV show.

Agreedo on the Amazing version of Pete being more offputting tho.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The thing I remember the most about Gone in 60 Seconds is that it has the most by-the-numbers "quirky coroner who doesn't mind eating a sandwich next to a corpse" character in all of cinema. There's literally nothing else to him except that cliche.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

Been catching up on the current PYF SA Quotes thread and it's overall a cool thing that the kind of edgelords we got here are top-tier edgelords who are legit comically talented

Pull the other one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Discount Viscount posted:

I just start talking about Capcom's old arcade game Son Son, and segue into a discussion of SNK's Psycho Soldier and Athena's subsequent appearances in The King of Fighters. Then I switch gears back to Son Son appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 which brings me to Amingo, which is all I wanted to talk about in the first place. I hope he gets his own game some day.

Talking about Athena is not a step anyone wants to take on the way to a better conversation.

"How come no one respects SNK's fighters anymore?"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Discount Viscount posted:

Ah... well. Yeah.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 is my favorite KOF game anyway.

This is true love we makin'

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

axleblaze posted:

That seems to be an odd angle to take. If fan servicey character design determined if people respected a fighter, no fighting series would be respected what so ever.

Have you seen how fighting games sell?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Also it weirds me out that anime and japanese video game circles use the term "fanservice" when they mean cheesecake. It has unfortunate implications about people who consume such media on purpose.

Plus my point about Athena had more to do with her being a disgusting moe blob that represents the artist's fetishes than her being generally sexualized.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

e: nvm

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

penismightier posted:

Across 110th Street is a goddamn masterpiece, so is Nothing But a Man and Blue Collar. The Liberation of LB Jones is really good, too. Five Card Stud is pretty good and it's fun to see him in a western.

Also if at this late date you haven't watched Homicide: Life on the Street, then just... goddamn. Goddamn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcqtLIxZCg

Homicide is so loving good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I am neither a snob nor gay. I feel left out.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Agreed, but it's too obvious. It would feel like pandering to me, a desperate attempt to feel internet-relevant. That sort of thing could fly in the 90s when chupacabra (a comparable modern-day, internet-fueled legend) was something far outside of the mainstream and only really known to people looking for it, but these days I'd rather they do something a bit more inventive.

If they do Slenderman, I really want them to actually do Slenderman. None of this legally distinct Law and Order bullshit. The character is pretty explicitly public domain. There's already been two shows who have done not-Slenderman and it breaks my mind. Do they not know some jackass made like a million dollars selling a shoddy game based on this character he has no legal rights to?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Raisins are delicious as long as they aren't baked into cookies or bread. Then they're just mushy awfulness. As for choosing between raisins and chocolate...

Aw yeah gurl, now that's a treat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Blugh, it is way too early in the day for that much untethered Brent Spiner.

For some reason the guy thinks he's a real actor, but all he's really good at is being a huge comical jerk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

morestuff posted:

Jesse Eisenberg has a weird head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

LoonShia posted:

Most men have a bumpy head, though. Have you ever sat and, just, felt your own scalp? poo poo's amazing.

I shaved my head for Halloween and discovered my skull bump is off-center. :(

• Locked thread