Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I'm still trying to get the dance school owner to give me back one of the Sansa (or whoever they are now) Clips I bought the school.

When we lost our ancient iPods, there was a period of uncertainty where we were struggling to fill the void. She eventually decided that she would move to Spotify on her new iPad, which works great until there is an Internet outage, or Spotify decides they no longer have a streaming agreement for one of the tracks in the playlist the day before the performance, or Spotify decides to spontaneously delete custom uploaded tracks for some damned reason, or someone presses the wrong button and the screen locks, or someone doesn't press a button frequently enough and she forgot to disable screen locking and the screen locks, or, or, or...

Anyway I've been trying to get one back so we at least have some sort of fallback for pre-curtain, post-curtain, and intermission music at stage performances. The advantage being, of course, that it just plays the music you put on it, without needing to phone home for permission.

So, no, OP, they're more like today's stand-alone MP3 player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU