Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I had a cowon D2 that bricked because Cowon can't do software. Like, at all. I'm replacing it and I use Shure 425SEs I'm no audiophile but listening to music on my phone on 200$ headphones is dumb. I don't want to deal with Cowon's bullshit again so I'm looking at Fiio. I don't suppose any of y'all have experience with both the x1 and x3? I assume with iems there's not going to be a major perceptible difference?

I loved my D2 warts and all until it gave up the ghost.

Modern phones have very good audio output circuitry. You won't notice a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

You say that...

I ended up getting a cowon m2. Let's hope it lasts longer than my last one of their MP3 players.

I say that, but what? It's true.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If you're traveling and worried about battery, you should just keep a portable charger in your carry on or something.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I mean, that's fair. The Fiio players are probably exactly what you're looking for. You should probably still have a good charger on you for traveling. Also, SD cards are cheap.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

qirex posted:

Audio quality will be determined by Bluetooth, not by the player's output hardware. Plus I thought apple used decent DACs overall.

They might not support aptx? Too :effort: to check.