Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

jim close posted:

Eh, either or honestly, with black Friday coming up I'm sure Walmart will have some phones cheap, I doubt the e4 will make that list but I can wait. Probably going to get Amazon cards for Christmas so that's a back-up. I loved my S4, but now it's become a bitch to charge and the sound cutting out kills any use I had for it currently. I also have a LG g4 that is stuck in a boot loop that I need to call and hopefully send in to get replaced, it was my sister-in-laws phone but we bought he the e4 (I think) last year so maybe I could trade it. Thanks for your swift response though, I figured it would take a while.

Also has anyone had experience replacing the hard drive in an iPod classic? I thought I read someone did it earlier in the thread but it's been a while. I've been debating on this for a while and I figured when I open it up to change the battery that I would either go with a mSata or with the SD adapter. I've watched videos of tear downs, just not the best with taking apart electronics.

I did it a few years ago for my iPod 5.5g. It wasn't too bad. There's been a lot of developments since I did it though:

https://www.iflash.xyz/runtime-shootout-2016-quad-dual-solo-msata-vs-original-hard-drive/

Here's a quick comparison of the different HD options you have now. I bought the adapter I used for my iPod from this guy and had no issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone have experience with the XDuoo X3? It seems like a reasonably priced DAP and you can put rockbox on it.