Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
Man this sucks. I just started looking for a cheap Mp3 player because I want to listen to some class recordings in the car. From the look of things there's nothing cheap that doesn't have huge interface/organizational issues, which would make it hard to organize class files. I would almost take a chance on something really cheap on Amazon, but all of the random no name players have 4 star + reviews by people who got a free player "in exchange for an honest review." Yeah right.

Any suggestions that don't involve a phone or Apple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Why not a phone? Verizon prepaid Moto E's go for $30 on Amazon (because a bunch of people bought them for $9.99 on black friday and are reselling for a profit) and will do what you want much, much better than anything you could find for a similar price. Not to mention an audio book player will probably work better for listening to classes than a straight MP3 player since it will allow you to listen at different speeds, save your place, etc.

Shuffle is a bad choice for someone who wants to listen to long lectures, presumably in a specific order.

The phone idea sounds interesting. You would not activate it but just connect to Wifi, yes? So in effect it is a small cheap tablet?

No Apple because my wife has a Nano and I spend way too much time trying to figure out how each new Itunes release messes her stuff up. I'm really just looking for something I can drag files onto.