Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpush
Nov 10, 2009
Back in 2006 or so I got a creative zen with 32 gigs of storage with up to 64 gig SD card expansion, a 30 hour battery, fully customizable menus, a programmable button that I could set to shuffle all, and it was tiny and sounded amazing. After the battery life wore down to 4 hours per charge from being used mostly in a -20 environment for years, I broke down and got a Phillips GoGear Ariaz. It was a downgrade at 16 gigs with a 20 hour battery, a bloated ui, and would need to be hard reset often enough to be annoying. The power button shorted out years ago and screen has finally given out, I'm back in the market and everything is worse than the go gear. The FiiO stuff looks nice but costs to much for something that would get left in a hot car. I'd kill for a Zen X-fi. Unfortunately nobody accepts murder and wants like 400 to 700 bucks for a used one that has a decade old battery in it.

I went ahead and got this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGV94KX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seems to have most of the features that were standard a decade ago at the same price point.

dpush fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU