Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm actually going to take an old iPod fifth gen and mod it. For about $100 bucks I can get it to work with a 256SD card. That seems pretty sweet to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm seeing iPod classics on Ebay that have been formatted with 256 SSD, and new a battery. After trying to take my old classic and put in an SD card to get it to work (I followed the ifixit guide) just getting a sad face icon, I may go this route. This is going to be an always in my car except sometimes in the park while I'm writing device.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

Apparently Mark 3's coming out soon, I wasn't feeling patient tho.

What's that?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Just want to add I took an dead iPod classic this weekend threw in a 64gig flash card, and put it back together and it works great. Total cost with the card reader was $40? Might be worth it to people with an hour of free time. Ifixit has a guide, and there's plenty of YouTube videos too walking you through the steps.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Think I’m going to buy an iPod touch. Just have Spotify and music on it, and it will work with my wireless headphones. Tempted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Tias posted:

Do you not have to install the lovely mac player, itunes or whatever, any longer?

You do, but I have been building playlists in it for a long time. So it’s a quick sync and then it’s distraction free music (unlike a phone going off because of alerts and what not).