Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Clip is life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nohearum posted:

You don't have issues with the headphone jack un-soldering itself every 6 months? I swear mine breaks like clockwork and I have to re-solder it or I'm stuck with sound in one ear.

My first one did that but it was within the 12 month warranty (also how the gently caress does the US get away with only 30 days? That's bullshit) so I got a replacement sent to me which has been fine for well over a year now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

VideoGames posted:

as someone who still buys mp3 players because I like to walk a lot, I am in love with my Cowon X9. it has 32gb of memory and space for a microsd. (mine is a 64GB card). it is touchscreen but more importantly has outside buttons.

It also is the best sounding mp3 player I've ever used thanks to their Jeteffect technology and the absolute best thing is the battery life. A single charge lasts me a continuous 90 something hours.

I've heard good things about Cowon, never gotten around to treating myself though. That battery life if pretty loving amazing though, wow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nam Taf posted:

Rio supremacy. Still works.

32MB of storage as standard for those wasn't it?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

My clip+ is similarly soldiering on after years, the first one suffered the right channel dropping out and was replaced, this one is pretty solid it seems. Considering the cost of it it's been utterly superb and I'm not sure why some people would need more than it does.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

mediaphage posted:

The singular downside is iTunes

This is it for me. itunes is loving awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

mediaphage posted:

Lol it's annoying but if you just need to transfer music it's not that bad. Nerds like to act like iTunes kills their puppies or some poo poo. Primadonnas.

It's far more annoying than anything else, I can just drag and drop poo poo without having to open up a specific programme to do so. It wants to delete poo poo off your ipod when you plug it into a friend's computer, tying you down to one specific computer which is balls.

No puppies have died but it's inconvenient when I just want to throw a few songs on a player.