Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Audio quality will be determined by Bluetooth, not by the player's output hardware. Plus I thought apple used decent DACs overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I think those websites belong in the Audiophile Snake Oil thread, what am I missing? Amazon has $25 players with more memory, battery, and bluetooth...
There's a reason those are $25 and it's usually because the software and interface is garbage. Also, all of them assume microSD cards for music storage. Look at the Shanling M0/M1S, Hiby R2 II/R3 II, all under $200.

And yes, there's a four or five figure version of everything in audio, that doesn't mean you should buy it.

qirex fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 19, 2023

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

11 years ago Apple could count on selling millions of iPods, these are low volume niche items now so they'll never even approach the economies of scale from back then. It sounds like you're going to buy some Amazon garbage anyway.