Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I hate to poo-poo someone else's rec, but I'm not a fan of the Bassplay P3000.

It doesn't fully read metadata/tags under the "Music" heading. It can decipher album & artist, but it doesn't organize tracks by track number (ignoring disc # entirely) and lists them in alphabetical order. This is mitigated by navigating under the "Folder view", which will, oddly enough, organize tracks by track number. But the folders themselves are not listed in alphabetical order. Instead, it appears to list them in order added to the device.

Finally, and the biggest issue for me, there's no way to build a "Play Now" playlist. The device is limited to 3 playlists. Unfortunately, these playlists can only be made via the player itself and not via an app on your computer. Annoyingly, songs must be added one at a time. Since I like to setup several albums to play at a stretch, this is not the player for me.

I suppose I just had too high of hopes for a new, cheap player to replace my Zune HD that took a swim back in November. :cryingZune: Are the only reasonably priced options the ones using SD cards? Also, are UI's just going to be poo poo regardless at this price point?

EDIT: Are the Sony Walkmans any good?

BirdOfPlay fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU