Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I was under the impression that the nw-a306 walkmans supported sd cards. Granted, those are $300 so they’re out of your budget.

I’ve personally been using a Hisense Touch as my music player for the past year, which is a handheld e-ink device that runs Android, but I don’t know if that would work for you — it’s imported from China, the default interface is kind of bad, and the e-ink screen is one of the key selling points. But it’s got a headphone jack (I mostly use wireless earbuds though), it runs Android so it’s pretty customizable in terms of interface/music apps, and I read on it practically daily. The device itself feels solid enough to me, but I don’t think it’s waterproofed.

There was a mostly equivalent device (Boox Palma) that was actually released properly in the US, but at this point you would have to want to use whatever you get as an ereader, since if you’re just interested in music, repurposing an Android phone is cheaper. I think if you get an older android flagship like a google pixel, it’ll probably feel fine in terms of build quality tbh

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU