Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Philip Rivers posted:

I just got a Sansa Clip+ today and it's adorable, like if a Tamagotchi was an iPod. I don't like listening to music on my phone for a couple reasons, #1 being that my pockets aren't made to fit smartphones so I have to fish it out of my bag whenever I need to fiddle with it or I have to hold it in my hand constantly like a dweeb. I like that this is small enough to fit into any of my pockets and the clip seems extremely practical for running etc.

Did you find one cheap somewhere? They're pretty sought-after now after years of being kind of a sleeper at less than $30 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

mariooncrack posted:

Anyone have experience with the XDuoo X3? It seems like a reasonably priced DAP and you can put rockbox on it.

I love mine but it's pretty much necessary to put rockbox on it since if I remember correctly it corrects some kind of clockspeed issue with the stock firmware that causes certain formats to play back at the wrong speed.

Having two microsd cards is awesome and I haven't run into any trouble with the player at all.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Is there a recommendation for cheap-ish DAPs around right now? Supply chain stuff seems to have thrashed availability for the cheaper Fiio players and stuff like that, and I finally broke my Rockboxed Xuoo X3 and am looking for something on the cheap side that doesn't have an awful interface (it doesn't have to be great but I'd prefer it not be actively working against me) and can do gapless on MP3 (this seems to be the sticking point on a lot of cheap players which can do gapless fine on lossless formats but not on MP3). Head Fi seems to mostly have posts about $1000 Astell and Kern players which are of no use to me as my entire portable library is lossy anyway.

Alternately, anything cheap and readily available that can be Rockboxed would work for me, since I know Rockbox can do gapless on MP3s.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I keep hoping I'll stumble across a pristine iPod Video or Classic somewhere. I've been able to make do with chi fi MP3 players for several years but the iPod was unassailable UI-wise as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind using my phone (which is what everyone invariably yells at me to do) either, but I one-purpose devices.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

evobatman posted:

I have a couple of old iPods. What's the best way to dump the music out from them? Google used to be useful for this, but even with all the adblockers on, the first pages of suggestions are just links to what seems like apps filled with turboviruses.

It's been a long time but I think if you show hidden folders there's a "control" folder and the files are all in there with gibberish filenames. The metadata should be intact though, so you should be able to use tag&rename or something like that to change the filenames en masse if you need to.