Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They still make the Nano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

fattredd posted:

Smart watches playing music over bluetooth. Now that's something I would buy. Particularly if there was no need for an in between phone.

Apple Watch does this, albeit with a 2GB limit on music storage.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I don't know if you'll find what you're looking for. If you want something with a 'robust' interface and the ability to manage podcasts, you're stuck with 'smart' devices which now will most definitely have wifi at the very least.

You're going to be stuck with something like what gariig posted. Looking at the link, it doesn't support playlists or anything. You literally just drag/drop the audiofiles on to the device or on the SD card.

You might need to look for older devices. For example, the iPod Nano 6th gen does not have BT or wifi. I'm not sure if they're still supported by iTunes but if they are you could use that to manage the music and podcasts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

My mom gave me several old iPods.

If anyone wants one (or more) I can send them to you. Just cover shipping. PM me if you're interested.

They all work but the batteries are all shot to hell.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The only iPod products they’d repair now would be newer iPod Touch.

For 3rd party, I imagine the issue would be getting a battery for the older models. I doubt anyone makes them anymore and if they do…you’re rolling the dice on a poorly manufactured one that could catch fire and burn your leg off when it’s in your pocket.

If it’s making a clicking noise there’s probably something broken aside from the battery.