Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Zeta Taskforce posted:

My old iPod classic is dying. Sound only comes out of one headphone ...

I have had this same problem come up, but now I am curious if someone has a fix for my mucking around with it. I have an ipod classic I got around 2008 or so, in the last few months the right speaker stopped working. I thought it was mostly due to a poor connection, since if I put pressure on the headphone jack the right way I could get both speakers to work. I messed around with it trying to get a better connection by using foil and just poking and prodding it, and it did seem to work a little better in that it takes less effort to get the right speaker working. However, once I stopped playing with it (and took all foil and stuff out of the jack), it is now painfully loud even on the minimum volume. If I increase the volume it can still go up higher, so it is not like the volume dial does not work or do anything, just that at the very bottom with no bar visible it is really loud still. I checked any settings that seemed relevant and reset it a bunch, but nothing has fixed it. I have not tried plugging it into my computer to see if a hard reset from an update or something would fix it. Where would I even go to get the aux port replaced, do they still do that at Apple Stores?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

I saw that earlier, but thought it was not really worth the effort.