Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

After reading this thread I picked up a Cowon M2 as I'm in Japan. The sound quality, Jet Effect customization and battery life are stellar. The touchscreen UI is the worst thing I have ever seen. Seriously I can't fathom who designed that, tested it and thought that's what customers would enjoy using. It loving sucks.

Still happy with the purchase!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If you want to root, Viper4android is the serious poo poo. It made my Note 2 sound amazing. I would try that first, and try a custom profile from XDA before plunging into the MP3 player world.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Give MediaMonkey a try.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Axon 7 has the best phone DAC and is very affordable (also a great phone)