Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
it's like a manual for how NOT to introduce someone to your fantasy world. I don't envy the translators

also lol at a dude in the huge-rear end opening cutscene actually taking advantage of the gaping hole in the anime protagonist's armor to shoot him in the throat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I like how the plots some weird super dense game of thrones stuff & the main characters are a pair of 12 year old children who don't affect it in any way and just wander around with everyone else for no real reason. I also liked killing the skeletons for bone parts and selling the bone parts for Gil.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

there was a shower in Mario RPG but you had to throw down some mad coin for the honeymoon suite to use it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
it was really cool if you bounced your check after that. the hotel makes Mario work there for a night as a bellhop to pay for it

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
suikoden lets you take a bath & have a statue pee on your dudes while in there

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in Breath of Fire part of the plot is sneaking in to see a princess or queen bathing because her tattoo has secret information.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Bicyclops posted:

lol

http://www.ffwa.org/ff12/script.php?page=01

Knight: Nabudis has fallen!

King: Impossible!

Rasler: My father?

Knight: I know not. I am sorry.

Man: If Nabudis has indeed fallen... it is only a matter of time before they reach the borders of Dalmasca. There is nothing to halt their advance.

King: Secure Nalbina with all haste.

Knight: I will go.

[The Knight turns around and heads to the door...]

Rasler: And I will go at his side.

This game is one heck of a thrill ride. I'm only five seconds in, and Nabudis has already fallen. And things aren't looking good for Dalmasca, either. Say what you want about Final Fantasy, but they sure know how to tell a story.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Nabudis was my favorite fantasy place-name and they already killed it off in the first five minutes. Bravo, George R. R. Martin.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

in Breath of Fire part of the plot is sneaking in to see a princess or queen bathing because her tattoo has secret information.

seems pretty hosed up. i dont want my kids to think that sort of poo poo is okay.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Breath of Fire also contains weird animal people and irritating music. don't let your children play breath of fire, which advocates for things which are not okay.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Breath of Fire also contains weird animal people and irritating music. don't let your children play breath of fire, which advocates for things which are not okay.
Breath of Fire 2 lets you kill a pope.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

BoF games, best games.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Great Joe posted:

It also has a monkey trying to rape human women.

Also an androgynous plant thing.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Great Joe posted:

Kind of like in Grandia II

Man, I really wanna replay grandia II

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Axel Serenity posted:

Kind of like in Grandia II

Man, I really wanna replay grandia II

that game got really weird near the end

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

you can take a shower in mario rpg

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
In Final Fantasy VI you travel from the Veldt to Nikeah using an underwater current. Probably the best example of a bath in a video game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fredrik1 posted:

In Final Fantasy VI you travel from the Veldt to Nikeah using an underwater current. Probably the best example of a bath in a video game.

you have to find a diving helmet to do it but they only have one helmet :confused:

maybe sabin and gau can breathe underwater, and the helmet is for cyan.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fredrik1 posted:

lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just here to say FF12 owns really hard and also the gambit system is cool and fun to play with. It's also not grindy at all unless you decide to grind for the super rare weapons which you don't need for anything but the super hardest optional bosses that you'd grind levels for in any other game anyway

I agree that the sell-loot-to-make-new-items thing would've been more fun if it'd been more transparent, though.

also I just assume everyone takes a bath when they stay at the inn

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

gently caress of course. One of the most memorable baths in gaming.

Soral
May 30, 2009

theres only 1 toilet in all of termina in majoras mask........... and it has a man living in it

e: it might be a woman

Soral fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 16, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You take a bath in the Witcher 2, because you beat a boss, your sexy companion runs up to you, you both fall through a hole in the ground into a spring below and promptly have sex in it and then bathe.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In the early Sims games, i forget which, maybe just the first, besides the showers your sims can take, you can make them especially clean by having them go for a swim in the pool and removing the ladder. :)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You take a bath in the Witcher 2, because you beat a boss, your sexy companion runs up to you, you both fall through a hole in the ground into a spring below and promptly have sex in it and then bathe.

Hell yeah. :dukedog:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Harrow posted:

Just here to say FF12 owns really hard and also the gambit system is cool and fun to play with. It's also not grindy at all unless you decide to grind for the super rare weapons which you don't need for anything but the super hardest optional bosses that you'd grind levels for in any other game anyway

I agree that the sell-loot-to-make-new-items thing would've been more fun if it'd been more transparent, though.

also I just assume everyone takes a bath when they stay at the inn

it's grindy as hell even if you just follow the main quest. so much mindless walking and mindless combat in that game

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

a cool game imo

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I killed a giant squid crab and am taking a bath with a sexy lady, who I have sex with

a cool game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

wasn't there an aya brea shower scene in one of the parasite eves

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So square is showing off screens from the Final Fantasy 13 Trilogy PS4 remaster. :stare:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

drat, they should make a movie.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Talking about FF characters performing various ablutions, how about pooping? I want my next FF game to feature a pooping mechanic / minigame. Imagine if your spiky haired black clad car driving dude in FFXV has to pull over to go take a massive sloppy dook behind some huge glowing purple crystal or giant dragon skull. Press A to hold breath and RT to push, dont push too hard or you'll give yourself an aneurysm etc... Imagine the possibilities.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunixnerd posted:

Talking about FF characters performing various ablutions, how about pooping? I want my next FF game to feature a pooping mechanic / minigame. Imagine if your spiky haired black clad car driving dude in FFXV has to pull over to go take a massive sloppy dook behind some huge glowing purple crystal or giant dragon skull. Press A to hold breath and RT to push, dont push too hard or you'll give yourself an aneurysm etc... Imagine the possibilities.

F

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

uck yo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

oo bienis

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

you have to find a diving helmet to do it but they only have one helmet :confused:

maybe sabin and gau can breathe underwater, and the helmet is for cyan.

The helmet was symbolic.

It's a deep video game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sabin is a son of a submariner, so he can breathe underwater.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Kefka is canon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

So square is showing off screens from the Final Fantasy 13 Trilogy PS4 remaster. :stare:

yes u my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sabin is a son of a submariner, so he can breathe underwater.

• Locked thread