Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

No one ever takes a bath. I guess in most you can imagine there is off screen time on the world map or something where characters do the laundry and all that. FF13-1 though is a movie-like experience and you follow these characters along never taking a shower and probably sweating like crazy. In FFX you get in the water regularly and that is fine. This isn't a fetish thing either poo poo is just gross. I know it's one of those "well do you want to SEE your characters use the bathroom?" kind of things, but they could at least imply why everyone either smells rosy fresh or doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

zen death robot posted:

You don't see them eat either OP

Or hell, sleep really

There are house interiors and inns with beds and you drat well know it. It's implied that sleeping happens in the world of FF

metricchip posted:

Same with movies and TV. If art imitates life and such then we should see characters clipping their toenails and popping zits on their rear end in complete awkward silence.
I'd argue some middle ground but you see I can live with the characters not clipping their nails for a couple weeks and nail supplies can hide in a static drawer somewhere. I'm talking worlds without showers.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

gently caress of course. One of the most memorable baths in gaming.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

http://animebaths.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters_who_have_had_a_bathing_scene_in_a_video_game

• Locked thread