Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

except in ff12, where the game makes you sell a bunch of wacky monster pieces for gil for absolutely no goddamn reason, and you realize it was better when they just unrealistically rewarded you the money for killing the monster.

my immersion

FF12 had the potential to be an immensely cool game but even the Zodiac version is kinda grindy and bleh plus the plot and characters mostly don't go anywhere. Even the soundtrack was pretty bland

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

i think the soundtrack is just because uematsu didn't do it though.

one of the guys involved in the soundtrack was the guy from Final Fantasy Tactics though, which had an awesome soundtrack. so what gives

also the hunts with monsters that only show up with a 1/10,000 chance during a specific weather condition or whatever are loving stupid

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I remember being amazed the first time I played FFXII that they used the evil twin brother plot unironically

that game had a lot of weird decisions. still not as weird as Cloud getting raped by a gang of gay men in Disc 1 of FF7 though

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
it's like a manual for how NOT to introduce someone to your fantasy world. I don't envy the translators

also lol at a dude in the huge-rear end opening cutscene actually taking advantage of the gaping hole in the anime protagonist's armor to shoot him in the throat

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
it was really cool if you bounced your check after that. the hotel makes Mario work there for a night as a bellhop to pay for it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Nabudis was my favorite fantasy place-name and they already killed it off in the first five minutes. Bravo, George R. R. Martin.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Harrow posted:

Just here to say FF12 owns really hard and also the gambit system is cool and fun to play with. It's also not grindy at all unless you decide to grind for the super rare weapons which you don't need for anything but the super hardest optional bosses that you'd grind levels for in any other game anyway

I agree that the sell-loot-to-make-new-items thing would've been more fun if it'd been more transparent, though.

also I just assume everyone takes a bath when they stay at the inn

it's grindy as hell even if you just follow the main quest. so much mindless walking and mindless combat in that game

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You take a bath in the Witcher 2, because you beat a boss, your sexy companion runs up to you, you both fall through a hole in the ground into a spring below and promptly have sex in it and then bathe.

a cool game imo

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I killed a giant squid crab and am taking a bath with a sexy lady, who I have sex with

a cool game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Kefka is canon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Locked thread