Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

monsters in final fantasy are very good investors, but they carry too much of their gil with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

except in ff12, where the game makes you sell a bunch of wacky monster pieces for gil for absolutely no goddamn reason, and you realize it was better when they just unrealistically rewarded you the money for killing the monster.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

my immersion

FF12 had the potential to be an immensely cool game but even the Zodiac version is kinda grindy and bleh plus the plot and characters mostly don't go anywhere. Even the soundtrack was pretty bland

yeah. like the selling monster parts thing could have actually been cool if the weird rewards system had been a little more expansive and transparent. it's kind of cool that the game plays itself for a lot of the grindier parts, but they saw it as an excuse to make everything grindy. also, a lot of the best weapons are rare drops from enemies that only appear on one screen like one our of every ten times you walk through it.

i think the soundtrack is just because uematsu didn't do it though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

at last, sir basch, it's midnight on a leap day and we were in the secret room of the Henne mines. we can at last kill the rat that alligator thing on the beach told us to murder.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the opening video has the funny religion man say something like "FARAM. Here marks the end of Rabanastre...." it was pretty lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

http://www.ffwa.org/ff12/script.php?page=01

Knight: Nabudis has fallen!

King: Impossible!

Rasler: My father?

Knight: I know not. I am sorry.

Man: If Nabudis has indeed fallen... it is only a matter of time before they reach the borders of Dalmasca. There is nothing to halt their advance.

King: Secure Nalbina with all haste.

Knight: I will go.

[The Knight turns around and heads to the door...]

Rasler: And I will go at his side.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in Breath of Fire part of the plot is sneaking in to see a princess or queen bathing because her tattoo has secret information.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Breath of Fire also contains weird animal people and irritating music. don't let your children play breath of fire, which advocates for things which are not okay.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fredrik1 posted:

In Final Fantasy VI you travel from the Veldt to Nikeah using an underwater current. Probably the best example of a bath in a video game.

you have to find a diving helmet to do it but they only have one helmet :confused:

maybe sabin and gau can breathe underwater, and the helmet is for cyan.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In the early Sims games, i forget which, maybe just the first, besides the showers your sims can take, you can make them especially clean by having them go for a swim in the pool and removing the ladder. :)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sabin is a son of a submariner, so he can breathe underwater.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It is very cruel to put Gau in the mindset of the Stray Cat enemy while he is being swept through the underwater trenches.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looooool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This is greatest offsite wiki discovery since the entry on the Star Trek one about beards

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the word Peeped has its own entry and is a pro read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this is a short list filled with characters I don't recognize at all (although lmao at Pit being at the end)

• Locked thread