Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
poo poo guys. The EA website hasn't been working - the final tab in any dynasty for me (whether Recruiting, Players Leaving, or now Off-season Recruiting for one of my dynasties) - and I also can't submit any changes from within the game where it requires an upload to their servers.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/833730-ea-pulling-plug-ncaa-14-a.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/838831-un-able-upload-team-data-process-fix.html

Is anyone having success trying anything in any of the dynasties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

This has happened before. Let's just wait and see how it plays out.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

This has happened before. Let's just wait and see how it plays out.
Fingers crossed.

I'm the crazy motherfucker who had EA support give him a call at 9:45am on a weekday to ask about this. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

If they've finally killed it let us know haha

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If they've finally killed it let us know haha
Dude couldn't tell me anything really. He was going through the normal routine of talking about cache clearing / cycling router. I told him I wasn't trying to resolve the issue right at that moment, just wanted to make someone aware of a potential problem. He said he would talk to someone higher up.

I may or may not be getting an email back at some point "with steps to resolve the issue."

At least it doesn't seem like it's something intentional.. I guess the question is will they put any resources on it to fix the problem? Fingers still crossed.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio I'm gonna aim to be back home @ 530 central and will hop right on.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Looks like the servers are fixed / getting fixed now. Whew. I'd like to think my call had a little something to do with it! It was at least two full days of having the problem, I was getting scurred.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dio I'm gonna aim to be back home @ 530 central and will hop right on.

Sounds good, I'll see you then

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be on and waiting

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio, man I dunno dude. That one got away from you, down 14-31 at the half (following a late pick & score) I felt sure I was sunk. 3rd quarter included 2 turnovers and 21 Vols points scored which would be all I'd need. Tack on a 4th quarter bit of insurance and the final of 42-31 happened. I don't feel like I deserved that one, but I'll take it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 5

User Games
#2 Alabama (Crowe / GroupMe) @ #19 Ole Miss (Eric / Group Me)

Everyone else has a CPU game except for JB.

Hopefully we can get through this week quickly.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You had the momentum going into the half so I kind of saw it coming. Great game dude

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio, ZSB, and Wreckus - well, Dio and ZSB - both of you still having problems with the servers?

Just curious - did you ever forward the ports on your routers that EA always suggested for NCAA? Saw a post somewhere else that said forwarding ports helped with the issue. I always had my ports open, so maybe that's why things started working for me sooner.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm not sure, I'll try tonight

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Still fails in all the dynasties for me, ive reset the router and I've never had a port forwarding issue with this before.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

All good things must come to an end.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I guess I could try just advancing the week so everyone has to download an updated dynasty file, and see if that helps?

Everyone okay with that? Only me and Mizzou have been able to get our games in this week - and I played mine immediately after the last advance.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It's worth a shot.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Maybe give me another day to try and sort it out, but then yeah that's prb worth a shot.

I haven't even looked at the ACC to see if anything is possible there.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I haven't even looked at the ACC to see if anything is possible there.
I definitely did my recruiting there, from within the game.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm fine with a sim if it helps us keep going

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I'm fine with a sim if it helps us keep going
FYI these are the ports EA recommends:

EA posted:

If all the steps below did not solve your issues, check to make sure that the ports specific to Xbox Live are opened up on your Internet Service Provider's end. These are the ports that need to be open in both incoming and outgoing directions:

UDP Ports: 53, 88, 3074
TCP Port: 53, 80, 3074
I don't know what kind of router you have but it's usually not difficult to figure out how to set them up. You just have to give your 360 a static IP on your network.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I want to try and play my game tonight or tomorrow morning since the other dynasties are working again for me. If it fails then I guess we'll have to try an advance I dunno or whatever just sim it I don't really care.

e: I don't care anymore do whatever.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 16, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advance and see what happens.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, go ahead and see if you can get your game in. Ole Miss/Alabama need to play too so if they can schedule it quickly enough, I don't want to just sim them with all these server problems.

edit - I had already said in the GroupMe that I'd advance on Saturday FYI, didn't see the posts til after. I will definitely plan on a morning advance. (it'll be my birthday!!!)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 16, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Just wasted an hour playing this game only to have it unable to load the file and require me to quit the dynasty losing all data.

IT COULD BE THE END GUYS.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I was able to advance the week today after not being able to yesterday.

Unfortunately looks like Florida lost to Kentucky in OT. Tennessee barely pulled it out against Oregon.

Let's see if things work better now. I'll post back later with match-ups, not sure if we have any user games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

USCe r2a.

Holy cow there is some bs stat padding going on.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Tried playing my game last night, poo poo was all jacked up will try again today.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We advanced. Unfortunately since the website is jacked, I can't get the nice screengrab of all teams with match-ups.

WEEK 7

First I'll list the completed games (we just advanced last night, so it's nice that we're progressing again):

#7 Mizzou won against AP'd #25 UGA
#9 Florida (Dio) lost to #2 LSU (me)

#1 SCar (JB) has a game with (unfortunately) AP'd Arky
#4 Tenn (ZSB) has a CPU game against Ohio State

#11 Alabama is now also unfortunately on AP and will have his game against #13 Kentucky simmed.

And then..

#3 Auburn (Wreckus) hosts #20 Ole Miss (Eric / GroupMe)

Wreckus, I haven't heard anything from Eric in a while. The league he was running seems dead now due to the server problems, not sure if he's bailed on the game. If I don't hear from him, I'll set him to AP tonight, so please try to get the game done ASAP - I'll definitely be waiting on JB and ZSB, but once their games are done, I'd like to advance. And since you're #3 I don't want you to have to take a sim, especially since you've been getting your CPU games done. If you need more time though, reply to the thread please and I'll accommodate you. (we also have a game in the ACC that we need to play)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

My lovely TWC internet is out and won't be fixed until late Friday afternoon. I'll play my game that night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
No problem.

Wreckus, Ole Miss is on AP. He's out for the time being as I suspected. I just let him know I'd tell him if/when the servers start seeming back to normal, but he also had the XP bug so I'm not sure how committed he was to begin with.

We're down to the goons in the league + Mizzou now, at least for the time being. Mizzou gets his games in pretty much immediately after we advance, so that's good. But yeah JB, I think you might have been referring to him with the stat padding and his crazy WR stats - but he hasn't restarted any games (I don't think he is even "cool" with doing that, he's used to not being allowed to from his other dynasties). We'll see if he can keep that up when he actually has to play someone, since I think he's only had CPU games so far.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Of course he won't keep it up - especially against me :getin:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols are G2G, team is coming together now as the season goes on. My defensive numbers are slowly coming back to mediocre, and the offense has been solid if not quite as explosive as I'd like. These awesome WRs still can't consistently take the top off/the computer cheats and always plays deep guys on long pass routes.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a. Looks like we're just waiting on Wreckus and Yung Mount.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We've advanced.

Hate that we've lost so many people (on AP) and that the website no longer works - at least haven't had too many issues in-game for a while now.

The only user game here is ZSB vs JB. Wreckus and Dio have CPU games.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I guess we can try and play this sometime tomorrow? Maybe?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I think I'll be unavailable tomorrow. What's your schedule like during the week?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Actually, I can play now and up until 10am. Want to give it a go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Actually, I can play now and up until 10am. Want to give it a go?

Well I just got up so I guess I missed the window. Sorry man, pick an evening and I can make time.

• Locked thread