Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It looks fun but I am not nearly stupid enough to pay 460+ dollarydoos to play one game. Maybe later when the PS4 actually gets more good games or if it comes to PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm starting to think From Software is one of those japanese devs that actually enjoys making the exact same game over and over and over with a slightly different coat of paint each time.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, as long as the original game was fun, I don't mind all that much.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

giant skeleton bosses are always cool gently caress you a thousand times if you dont agree

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm going to get it and have fun >:-D

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

giant skeleton bosses are always cool gently caress you a thousand times if you dont agree

the skeleton lords and pinwheel were both extremely chill, i often revisit them, yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I'm going to get it and have fun >:-D

:yeah!:

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
m buying this and a ps4 so i can play with my friends.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm starting to think From Software is one of those japanese devs that actually enjoys making the exact same game over and over and over with a slightly different coat of paint each time.

im wary of any game franchise that doesnt do that.

Dec 26, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

im pissed that a dev keeps making iterations of a series people like, personally

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you have to have some sort of a mental disease to accuse the ppl at from soft for taking the easy way out, whether u like there games or not.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Larry Parrish posted:

might also be true of people who play their games

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

it's pretty but dark souls' boss battles are aways underwhelming if you're used to monhun

program666
Aug 22, 2013

also, since hardware upgrades are common now, you better wait for the third iteration of the PS4 if you want to play it without dips into the teens frames per second

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
sony hires nintendo marketing execs; releases new ps4

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
demons souls was released when teh ps3 was pretty new and that runs really well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i seriosuly think most ppl in this forum just talk out of their asses lol.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

psp had a harware revision with more performance but the ps3 only had power consumption enhancements so yeah you might doomed to a slide show lol

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

ya

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
When console companies make a game optimized for current hardware iteration i expect it to run like absolute garbage

- some dumb fag

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

Its true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah. im surprised how quickly people fagged this thread up with Games style selfhate posting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I did the same thing

:cheers:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Bloodborne seems like it will be a great game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

program666 posted:

also, since hardware upgrades are common now, you better wait for the third iteration of the PS4 if you want to play it without dips into the teens frames per second

i've heard the release version suns at a smooth 30. hopefully that is true.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

program666 posted:

Bloodborne seems like it will be a great game.

When it's finally emulated on a decent platform :tipshat:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

program666 posted:

When it's finally emulated on a decent platform :tipshat:

in 20 years

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

If you want some real fail, I bought a PS4 to play ground zeroes

i bought the destiny bundle because the ps4 was white

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Pre-ordered the nightmare edition, will fill the 'gothic notebook' with the words 'git gud' over and over again in red ink using the quill and ink set.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

serious talk, I'm sorry

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think I might be the dumdum because I just don't have fun with these games.

I'm sorry imp zone.

I've failed you :smith:

Dec 26, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm sorry imp zone.

no worries

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm sorry imp zone.

It happens. I'm sure there are games you like, and that's all that matters

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I just bought one of them ps4's because of all the noise the imp zone is making about that there "blood born" video game. I hope it's as good as Mass Effect 3 or I'll be very upset!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Is all this framerate talk for real or what imps........ Gonna buy a ps4 for kojimas new masterpiece anyway should I just wait for that?????

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Benny D posted:

Is all this framerate talk for real or what imps........ Gonna buy a ps4 for kojimas new masterpiece anyway should I just wait for that?????

lol. congrats p666 you got one

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm looking forward to play this digital game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm considering emulating kings field 4 since i've just finished my latest runthrough of DS2 and i don't think i can really play DS1 any more

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im doing a no shield no armour + no lvling vitality run on dark souls ATM. i was doing a sl 3 run but its pointless since i always lvled vitality last anyway. its basically just the same as a normal run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i never understood sl1 runs because it always seemed people just leveled pyromancy which seems the same as just not levelling vitality. Well good luck on your quest.