Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

thinking about playing bloodborne again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I beat it. What a good game... Surprisingly easy towards the end, the only boss that gave me trouble was ebriatas. Already thinking about my next build.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I beat it. What a good game... Surprisingly easy towards the end, the only boss that gave me trouble was ebriatas. Already thinking about my next build.

Did you play the DLC? Probably even better than the base game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Over There posted:

Did you play the DLC? Probably even better than the base game.
sadly I cannot. no PS4 so I'm playing on that PSNow streaming service for PC which surprisingly works perfectly well, but it doesn't have the DLC for some insane reason. it has it for some games just not bb

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I’ve been playing this game nonstop for about a month so I’m going to bump this thread. This game never really sunk in for me until this most recent attempt and now I’m really hooked on it. I “got gud” and beasted out on Vicar Amelia, Paarl, and several other bosses on the first try and I don’t think I’ve ever felt more like a god playing any other game. Anyways I’m trying to beat the two hunters immediately after Ludwig and they’re a real thorn in my side. See ya later.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I’ve been playing this game nonstop for about a month so I’m going to bump this thread. This game never really sunk in for me until this most recent attempt and now I’m really hooked on it. I “got gud” and beasted out on Vicar Amelia, Paarl, and several other bosses on the first try and I don’t think I’ve ever felt more like a god playing any other game. Anyways I’m trying to beat the two hunters immediately after Ludwig and they’re a real thorn in my side. See ya later.

Hell yeah. Weapon/build?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
For some reason, the moment people finally beat Vicar Amelia is when it clicks.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You need to fight one at a time, then lure them to the stairs you came up.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Hell yeah. Weapon/build?

Saw spear +9/ Tonitrus +8. Dumped most of my points into skill endurance and vitality so I can really stick and move and do pretty big damage

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I already beat Mergo’s so now I’m doing the DLC before finishing up and starting NG+. Having a blast

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bloodborne kicks so much rear end.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bloodborne kicks so much rear end.

I think it might be the best game I’ve ever played? It’s rooted deep inside my brain now like no other game I can think of

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Post your most epic triumphant Bloodborne moment. Mine was when I delivered the killing blow to Amelia by breaking her leg and ripping her brain out with a visceral on my first go at her. Pure exhilaration

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Post your most epic triumphant Bloodborne moment. Mine was when I delivered the killing blow to Amelia by breaking her leg and ripping her brain out with a visceral on my first go at her. Pure exhilaration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mqko2knfUs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

finally getting every weapon to +10 and maxing out all my stats on new game ++++++++++++++

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD0GQHp7YRI

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Beating orphan, no question

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I think it might be the best game I’ve ever played? It’s rooted deep inside my brain now like no other game I can think of

I had my mind pretty much made up that it was the greatest game of all time, and then the DLC came out and I got fully blown away all over again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My other favorite moment was beating ng+ Amelia first try after she whooped my rear end within seconds of death multiple times while trying out a new weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gta1jc1Wbi4

I was also drunk as a mf.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I had my mind pretty much made up that it was the greatest game of all time, and then the DLC came out and I got fully blown away all over again

theres really nothing like it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lol

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

spb posted:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

spb posted:

This for the big one. Also Laurence. I did DLC On a ng+ cycle so it was, extremely aids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaOzvfLG48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGaJq_QKy8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Orphan still kicks my rear end every time

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Big time dark souls fan here. I never thought I would get to play this game, but my wife got a ps4 for christmas and the complete edition was only 14 bucks!
I am extremely hyped to get home and play.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you're in for a hell of a ride.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Leadthumb posted:

Big time dark souls fan here. I never thought I would get to play this game, but my wife got a ps4 for christmas and the complete edition was only 14 bucks!

Be aggressive and don't hold back.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Leadthumb posted:

Happy hunting.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I keep thinking about this one

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Over There posted:

Be aggressive and don't hold back.

This is the hardest thing to remember after playing the other dark souls games. Gascoigne forced me to break all my old habits, but I probably died to him like maybe 20 times in a row and I don't think I learned what I was supposed to.

Currently hiding in old yharnam from a man in a tower, who I guess owns a minigun?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Micolash is one of my favorite videogame characters this gen, easily. Probably this Willennium too.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I used my immortality to kill minigun man by throwing us both off the building. This game rules.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I have just slain the orphan of kos. This is the finest moment of my life

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

:cheers: Welcome

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
drat Micolash is a real rear end in a top hat on NG+. Took a break from trying him to stomp on the Crow of Cainhurst

malibu anime
Dec 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Nyone here ever party up? im pretty low levdl i think enjoying the game but having a friend hunt seems fun to try too

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

that fight is one of the msot epic, i like maria right before more but orphan definitely harder and more satisfying to beat

I'm playing ds2: scholar of the first sin right now and this game definitely has its charms although it gets a lot of hate. its definitely like the straight to vhs sequel though

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i wish this thread wasn't broken in the IOS app

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I can't beat lady maria. Not going to stop trying, but the game is just a get killed by lady maria simulator right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Leadthumb posted:

I can't beat lady maria. Not going to stop trying, but the game is just a get killed by lady maria simulator right now.

fire paper, saw blade transformation attacks, sweep the legs. that was my go-to