Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i never understood sl1 runs because it always seemed people just leveled pyromancy which seems the same as just not levelling vitality. Well good luck on your quest.

thats why i did sl3. u cant use pyromancy since theres no attunement slots but u get to use a few more types of weapons instead since u have an extra point or 2 in dex/str. i mean i guess u could use a ring for attunement slots but i didnt. but its still not really much harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

im doing a no shield no armour + no lvling vitality run on dark souls ATM. i was doing a sl 3 run but its pointless since i always lvled vitality last anyway. its basically just the same as a normal run.

pretty much. sl1 has hardly been worth bragging about especially with how easy nonscaling weapons/pyromancies were to get in das

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yeah... but the no shield, no armour, and no vitality run is freaking fun. ppl should do those instead of sl1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah... but the no shield, no armour, and no vitality run is freaking fun. ppl should do those instead of sl1

That's always my final run, naked run with just a two handed giant sword, if I can pull that off I feel good about the game. I never did it in DS1 but I did it in DS2 before building my gimmick set of the two shields you can slam together and then invading people

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
respect gaming

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i rarely put in much vitality in ds1 either. points in stuff that gives you more weapon/spell/armor options were always way more the priority

i did no-shield but that was before the flip ring nerf, i should try it now

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'm considering emulating kings field 4 since i've just finished my latest runthrough of DS2 and i don't think i can really play DS1 any more

you totally should. king's field 4 is fantastic if you can get used to the control scheme.

if you do you should be aware of an issue; in certain spots the game will unload the area behind you (which is normal) but if you try ti go back it won't load it in again causing you to fall off the world and die. if that happens you need to go to emulation settings and set clamping mode to full, iirc. that fixes the issue. Interestingly this happens even if you emulate it on a backwards compatible ps3

Dec 26, 2012

someone was really uncreative with that title

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cumborne

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
1 week

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://countingdownto.com/countdown/bloodborne-launch-countdown-clock

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so happy ill get to play this on my brother's ps4 and that i dont have to pay for it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just booted KF4. let's game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just saw a commercial for Bloodborne on the television and had to post about it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm, there's no sound from the iso :/ idk if that's a problem with the emulator or the image

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Just saw a commercial for Bloodborne on the television and had to post about it

Nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

hmmm, there's no sound from the iso :/ idk if that's a problem with the emulator or the image

i tried to play kf1 but boy that game is a nightmare. crazy to see that the design philosophy behind souls was in development that long ago though, even though the tech made it really hard for them to realize their ideas.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

i tried to play kf1 but boy that game is a nightmare. crazy to see that the design philosophy behind souls was in development that long ago though, even though the tech made it really hard for them to realize their ideas.

i've gotten about halfway through KF4 before, and it was really fun once i got past the clunkyness, but just walking around the opening area made me sort of sick, so idk if i'm going to keep going through it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

sounds like ur roms hosed upbtich

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
sector_corrector raped and killed a rom in 1990

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i havent been following the game at all, i know its victorian dark souls since now victorian england is the really cool place to set all your games, havent seen any of the bosses or gameplay, and am hoping to have a good time when i play it. namaste

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE PENETRATOR posted:

sounds like ur roms hosed upbtich

my rom is a piece of poo poo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

i seriosuly think most ppl in this forum just talk out of their asses lol.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
drat, I wish I knew where to get an early copy, people streaming now, its gonna be a rough 9 days.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

it's pretty cool playing (or at least looking up footage of) all their old first person dungeon crawlers, since you can see how they improve over time. if you can handle the control scheme, i think kf4, shadow tower abyss, and eternal ring are all legit good games. i think i like shadow tower abyss more than any of the souls games, for that matter (bloodborne will probably dethrone it tho)

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Real hurthling! posted:

lol. congrats p666 you got one
despite of the lame console warrioring I trully believe you guys should be a little careful about From

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

it's pretty cool playing (or at least looking up footage of) all their old first person dungeon crawlers, since you can see how they improve over time. if you can handle the control scheme, i think kf4, shadow tower abyss, and eternal ring are all legit good games. i think i like shadow tower abyss more than any of the souls games, for that matter (bloodborne will probably dethrone it tho)

Hm, maybe I'll try kf4 this week in my little game-free time between now and next Tuesday

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
people avoid leveling but then go ahead and exploit the hell out of the game mechanic flaws anyway, idgi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

because it's a nice way to challenge yourself in agame after you've already played it for like 50+ hours .

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I hope this game is good, as I will play it eventually, when I buy a PS4, whenever that is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i've gotten about halfway through KF4 before, and it was really fun once i got past the clunkyness, but just walking around the opening area made me sort of sick, so idk if i'm going to keep going through it

Genocyber posted:

I wandered around the opening area and whacked some plants with a wooden club and got gold from them. This game seems cool, especially since just this first zone has like 8 paths and nooks I could poke around in, and I laughed hard when I fell for the helmet bait. However, good lord this game is slow. I can't handle the movement speed at all and probably won't stick with it for more than the 30 minutes I played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My rom also didn't have music and sound outside of menu noises, btw.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I wandered around the opening area and whacked some plants with a wooden club and got gold from them. This game seems cool, especially since just this first zone has like 8 paths and nooks I could poke around in, and I laughed hard when I fell for the helmet bait. However, good lord this game is slow. I can't handle the movement speed at all and probably won't stick with it for more than the 30 minutes I played

Yeah the slow speed is something you either acclimate to or don't. kind of like the tank controls in the old RE games, i guess. out of curiosity did you realize you could run by holding whatever button you have mapped to "X"? it drains your stamina so you gotta wait for it to recover before fighting, but it makes getting around way easier.

you may also want to consider trying shadow tower/shadow tower abyss. they're both faster than the KF games, tho still in the slow spectrum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Yeah the slow speed is something you either acclimate to or don't. kind of like the tank controls in the old RE games, i guess. out of curiosity did you realize you could run by holding whatever button you have mapped to "X"? it drains your stamina so you gotta wait for it to recover before fighting, but it makes getting around way easier.

you may also want to consider trying shadow tower/shadow tower abyss. they're both faster than the KF games, tho still in the slow spectrum.

Yeah, but it wasn't too useful considering how quickly it drained my stam. It's what I was using to get around but it still feels very slow. I might keep playing around with it, I like the look of it a lot

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

My rom also didn't have music and sound outside of menu noises, btw.

download from better websites

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, but it wasn't too useful considering how quickly it drained my stam. It's what I was using to get around but it still feels very slow. I might keep playing around with it, I like the look of it a lot

if you can't manage to stand playing I'd suggest checking out this guy's lp of the game. he's pretty informative and not-awful to listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHS7M1A8TSM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

if you can't manage to stand playing I'd suggest checking out this guy's lp of the game. he's pretty informative and not-awful to listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHS7M1A8TSM

If I'm gonna check it out id rather play it...mainly im hesitant to jump in because I like to finish what I start and I def don't have enough time to finish it before bloodborne is out. I really liked that that first NPC could have been in any souls game too

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
http://attitud.es/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i tried to link https://www. the link but it didnt work