Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also it;s funny watching people trying to use their gun as a long range weapon trying to snipe around corners. You're supposed to run up to the monster's face and shoot his face off at point blank range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also it;s funny watching people trying to use their gun as a long range weapon trying to snipe around corners. You're supposed to run up to the monster's face and shoot his face off at point blank range.

this rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Swelter Discharge posted:

i want to play this game but i looked and theres not a single other ps4 exclusive out atm that looks any good so ill have to wait

yeah so the game costs 500 lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

you gotta have 10 insight and then you can buy that + the invasion item from a secret store in hunter's dream

oh that's what the buy insight prompt is, gotcha.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It looks like Bloodborne is going to continue to be it's own series, sony has the trademark or whatever to the name. So Dark Souls is multiplatform while bloodborne series remains exclusive.

There is certainly enough room in the world for three Souls series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Three?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Dark SOLD!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I been watching videos of some guy who went through the whole game and Bloodborne looks to be related to Demons Souls in more than a few superficial ways, but I don't know for certain if that's just From trying to be coy and reference their own games or what.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If it's to be believed Demon Souls might be revamped into a more hunting style game where you have Diablo 3 style bounties for post game thereby giving you way more to do than just PVP and making the game different and seperating itself from Dark Souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's all the best parts of dark souls (tight, connected world design) with the best parts of demons (Hub world, archstones instead of bonfires, impeccable enemy design) with a lot of its own unique twists (two weapons, new parry system, transforming weapons etc). The only bad parts are the loads

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I been watching videos of some guy who went through the whole game and Bloodborne looks to be related to Demons Souls in more than a few superficial ways, but I don't know for certain if that's just From trying to be coy and reference their own games or what.
that's kinda From's thing

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I witnessed a guy named "Massa" own the living gently caress out of a horde of those dark lanky tall enemy guys with his whip.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
:siren: FROM SOFTWARE HAS SAID PATCH TO FIX LOAD TIMES IS INBOUND :siren:

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's all the best parts of dark souls (tight, connected world design) with the best parts of demons (Hub world, archstones instead of bonfires, impeccable enemy design) with a lot of its own unique twists (two weapons, new parry system, transforming weapons etc). The only bad parts are the loads

it has a hub world?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Swelter Discharge posted:

it has a hub world?

From the looks of it yah. I have opened any more but it has the same style of demons wth 4 distinct world's you warp to from the hub. I could be wrong, since I've only opened the one, but idk what else they would be

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

thats cool i loved the des hubworld

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

From the looks of it yah. I have opened any more but it has the same style of demons wth 4 distinct world's you warp to from the hub. I could be wrong, since I've only opened the one, but idk what else they would be

The Hunter's Dream place looks big too, I saw a few gated off areas I couldn't get inside

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

The Hunter's Dream place looks big too, I saw a few gated off areas I couldn't get inside

Yeah I'm excited to see everything there is! Although I'm already lost

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

this game has an actual friends coop functionality so it's probaby worth it to come up with an imp zone password if anyone wants to

PIMPZONE

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im freaking jelly... im going to get home at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon, then im going to have to download the game, and then i have a job interview, so i wont be able to play until like 7 pm

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

This is a good day to own a ps4 :cheers:

it certanily is

Dec 26, 2012

idk why anyone said jumping is out because its definitely not

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne

looking forward to the slick new shadow tower abyss too, don't give up hope

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Game is very good, sword cane that turns into a sword whip is awesome, first boss has way too much health but the second one is really good. Namaste

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Game is very good, sword cane that turns into a sword whip is awesome, first boss has way too much health but the second one is really good. Namaste

I reached the second boss and it's fuckin rad and looks so disgusting! Total ownage

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I played seven hours of this today, and I'll play more later, too.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This game is really awesome, but these loading times are abysmal, especially for a game that expects you to die a lot

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I was secretly hoping this game would suck so I wouldn't feel bad about not owning a PS4. Well... gently caress. I already feel bad enough about not owning a WiiU.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

This game is really awesome, but these loading times are abysmal, especially for a game that expects you to die a lot

Hopefully the patch fixes it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I played seven hours of this today, and I'll play more later, too.

Same, and I spent a solid 90+ minutes not knowing where to go and eventually looking it up and realizing I just missed a drat hallway...

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

first boss is really good besides that though, i didnt mind the lots of health thing because of how tense it got near the end. too bad it was a two-man fight vs the boss and the camera though

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Just got this game, its pretty cool, I beat the first boss on my first try, it was those 2 werewolves before it that were deadlier. Also killed a giant pig by shoving my hand up its rear end, and met an NPC with a plague mask, gave me a gesture.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i was running through the sewers with the nasty giant crows and the weird vomiting men and audibly yelped one time. this game is loving sick

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I rescued a prostitute and she said the only way she could repay is with her blood and I refused the treatment because this is the first time i have ever seriously been concerned that my character was going to catch AIDS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I rescued a prostitute and she said the only way she could repay is with her blood and I refused the treatment because this is the first time i have ever seriously been concerned that my character was going to catch AIDS

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be pissed if there isn't some equivalent of Curse that is basically just AIDS

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i want to play this freaking game!!!!!!! gently caress my drat life

Dec 26, 2012

I'll be pissed if there isn't some equivalent of Curse that is basically just AIDS

i assume whatever frenzy is, it's bad news bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

im gonna do it. im gonna get fantasy aids