Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Although I don't actually have the equivalent of a white soap stone yet so idk how long it is before I get access to that stuff
you gotta have 10 insight and then you can buy that + the invasion item from a secret store in hunter's dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I rescued a prostitute and she said the only way she could repay is with her blood and I refused the treatment because this is the first time i have ever seriously been concerned that my character was going to catch AIDS
same, but instead I took her blood

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she gives you capri sun pouches of her blood to drink for hp regen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i was captured by the sack monster, seems like as good a place as any to call it quits for the evening
that part is Epic

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there's a rune that heals you for 200 HP every time you do a visceral attack, holy heck

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i have run out of places to go, that i know the directions to get there, that have doors that are open and not closed. however, there was a place where there was a closed door and a man behind it asked me for a password, but i cannot find it anymore.
im lost!!!
its near the big plaza place, there's a mausoleum you can go inside and its below that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i finally found that fucker in the plague doctor gear after she disappeared from the original location. was just standing outside the church, what a piece of poo poo
told me not to go to the tombs below it because she's gonna kill some guy down there. i want to go but i have no idea where they are.
I'm pretty sure she's talking about the dude next to the password door, lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

the dual blades are really good
i have like 4 skill weapons and now i cant decide which ones to slot cause theyre all real good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

how well does it scale with strength because that's been my go to stat pretty much
mine is b/b at +7, idk if goes higher with more upgrades. b skill scaling on a greatsword is pretty lmao, though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the academy is the most insane level btw... spoiler alert
it gets way more hosed up imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Question for those who are further than me: does the second tombstone only have the witches fight? I can't find another path in that area and it seems crazy short
other stuff uses it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

how covenants work in this game is a lot better than in the other games
its cool but its real disappointing theres only 3 of them and theyre all kind of the same. ds2 had so many sick covenants

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I can't find where to take the letter to get my carriage...
you ever fight the witch?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah. I figured it was in that area because of the text in the item description but I couldn't find anything. The only area I didn't recheck is right past the boss fight room
just backtrack from there, you walk through like a village or whatever and it triggers a cutscene

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dark Souls II is the easiest souls game to plat, and it's really fun.
bloodborne is gonna be a crazy easy plat, i have like 5 trophies left and the only hard one will be the chalice one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i only have shake off cape... hoping to get to dust off cape in an hour or two... im skipping all the optional bosses because ng+ is hard

fun fact: you don't have to fight cleric beast in ng+, you can buy the key since you already have the hunter badge it gives you
there are two cape emotes??

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I read somewhere the soft-cap was 25 for STR so I didn't know if going past 30 was better or if putting some into Skill was instead. I tend to prefer the Saw Blade and Holy Blade most of the time, but I haven't messed around with the other skill weapons tbh.
just talk to the doll and see how your weapon damage changes if you put points into str/skill. on a good scaling weapon you'll still get some benefit from going over the soft cap but therll be diminishing returns

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Finish the first non-random Chalice Dungeon, kill the Fire-Dog at the end.
Play the 2nd CD, fight down to the 3rd level. Prepare myself to face a new and unknown boss that might bite my head off or something
It's Fire-Dog. :mrwhite:
did you do a root dungeon or something?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i love running into progressively more hosed up undead giants

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

What the hell were those little things with giant blue heads, their projectiles hurt like a bitch
theyre cool

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

zen death robot posted:

if you get a labyrinth that has really good poo poo in it share the seed code so others can get in on that action as well
someone in the games thread posted a code with a chest you can only open in coop, and I bet there is some sick loving loot in there

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I still loving hate the birds even though they're no longer a threat, but also I love the birds.
wait until you get to mensis, lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The blue dudes with lanterns dont shoot magic at you if you're under 15 insight. I'm sure there are more differences but that's the most noticable one that's confirmed
there's also the scythe dudes in the same area that get sick blue flames on their weapons, I heard that the insight stuff might only apply to people in the cathedral area though which kinda makes sense, I can't really think of anyone anywhere else that changes with insight

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pistol comes out faster and does more damage, but blunderbuss has a cone and a bigger parry window

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hubris.height posted:

should I upgrade to the repeating pistol ever? does the damage really matter or is it easier to interrupt with? its literally the only thing I use pistol for
you can level bloodtinge and upgrade/gem the poo poo out of guns to get okay damage, but the repeater sucks for parries

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Ludwig's Epic Shotgun
its bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Psycobladder posted:

I like that you have to figure that part out on your own, the runes also give you hints so it's not such a huge logic leap, but definitely one of the coolest moments.

I went camping this weekend, the Lunar Eclipse was very appropriate.
its fairly freakin obvious when you walk through an ominous door onto a plank leading to a glowing magical lake with a wheelchair wizard pointing towards the edge

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

what's the message system/culture like on bloodborne? being a colossal easily pleased idiot, I can't help but cackle at 'horse ... therefore wheel?', 'try dashing through but hole', 'listen carefully, skeleton!' etc. in inappropriate places, but I don't have a good sense of the funy message laughs of bloodborne and its more complex message system, beyond 'reeks of wheelchair, no mercy for elderly'.
if you put a message like "secret ahead, don't give up!" with the pointing gesture at a conspicuous wall you will get a lot of likes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stoutfish posted:

is there a single illusion wall you can open by hitting it in this game?
only in chalices

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

all the cane has going for it early is epic r2s in whip form
the whip to cane transform attack is real good too, it's kind of bad for bosses until you upgrade it but crowd control is sick from the start

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hubris.height posted:

you can send people to the clinic? i had no idea

there's a big mean rear end in a top hat at the top of the clinic that i didn't kill because i guess you need him for sweet items later?
its kinda hidden, you have to go back to the clinic lantern and knock on the door to the room you started the game in

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

is there dedicated pvp or dueling zones in the game?
nah, there's those couple of parts that have chime maidens in them already, but they didnt really give a poo poo about pvpers in this game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only person you have to be angry with is yourself

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the load time patch is freakin sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

zen death robot posted:

did that also fix the rest mode bug where the bosses would forget most of their moves?
it resets the game when you come out of rest mode now, but idk if they actually fixed the boss stuff, it happened if you just played the game for awhile too w/o resting