Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ive finally 100%ed bloodborne on ng and ng++++ including dlc and got my damage number above 1000 unbuffed. ive done a million coops on every boss and invaded everyones world twice. ive beaten the game and i still cant stop playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

im doing one at the moment, but its a no parry run. playing unlocked is nice since you move fast. i actually think the jumping attack isnt very good, you have to really land on the enemy to do full damage with it, but its nice for killing birds and snakes and stuff. i havent used the l2 yet, maybe i will use it for ebrietas or micolash or something.

jumping attack is awesome for closing minor distances

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
beast blood pellet and kill the spiders, hitting rom when you can

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
beast claws too good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
listening to the soundtrack on YouTube.........some of these are the best orchestral tracks ive ever heard. 2nd half of ludwig song, the whole gascoigne song, all the cleric beast variations, the song from the soundtrack with the ah ah aaaahhhs......... [schwarzeneggar voice] every time i hear it it's like cumming

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Laurence song sounds like cleric beast mixed with ornstein and smough brass

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ugh.....i hate blood gems. i never want to play on my characters that dont have 27%, 32% or +65 str scaling gems. i cant walk away from this power

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think the hamlet villagers hosed the fish monster.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
bloodtinge builds are really cool and have a lot of good weapon choices. chikage, reiterpallasch and simons bow blade, and the blood letter for str.....that ones rly strong. and for bullets u can have (in descending order of per-trigger press strength) cannon, repeating pistol, piercing rifle, evelyn....Gatling gun is really fun to use to mow down normal mobs. basically a huge chunk of the games gear is only used in btinge and it all owns

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Where do you get all these weapons? I just unlocked the "above ground" tombstone but the guys there keep kicking my rear end. I think there's still a place in the forest i haven't gone yet.

two are in the secret castle and two are at the end of the dlc. i don't recommend a bloodtinge build for a first character at all

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
weapon transformations sound so good I'm doing them all the time

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I made it past the first bridge in DS2 before dying because I tried to jump to the shiny and missed without realizing the jump button had been changed for 2.

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
gimme bloodborne with cum

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
one reborn is like a vit check......easy as hell but if u have low vit any hit hurts too bad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

he was really quite hard at SL10

ya he always troubles me on low level runs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
btw funny bborne trivia....arcane means complicated and confusing to a layperson

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

what's up with the coop in tihs game? been trying to find someone to coop (as the assistant not beckoner) for an hour now and nothing...

hang out by a lamp or boss door....the more messengers around the lamp, the more players online in that area

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I was farming for some gems scary ghost dog told me about today (thank you) while chattin on the phone with my cousin about 'souls games and he told me about 3 times in Dark Souls 1 where he was trying to take some shortcut somewhere and his character just randomly did the "I'm being backstabbed" animation and died with no enemies around. Anyone know what this is about? If it matters he was playing DS1 on Xbox 360

I wasn't sure where to ask and I know the 'zone wouldn't lie to me :-]
hes probably haunted

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pookum posted:

Well I'm a little baby back bitch so I may start a new character for the dlc

thats a good idea so u can do a different build

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

thats literally what happened with me too, that fight just feels perfectly put ttogether. best part is you cant summon fr it i don't think since the room befre it is a boss room, you either beat it legit or you don't beat it

you can summon for it and it's a much less graceful dance when you parry every single attack she makes like I did on my first kill

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

i dont have the bloodborne plat trophy yet though cause i just need the third ending (don't fight)...i havent done it because i either just start new characters or dont want to deprive myself the epic gehrman fight

do a speedrun

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I ordered a ps4 and am about to get bloodborne, but I already preordered dark souls 3... am I stupid, or am I really stupid?

youre smart

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
guy whos wrong: i got a gamecube with metroid prime but i already preordered resident evil 4.....im a retard

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

That one long rear end gif of the guy looking in the mirror finding out he's retarded but the reflection is him playing Bloodborne and he says I'm the smartest boy in the world, who's a good boy.

thats from quantum leap

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im doing a ng+6 burial blade run right now with the church pick as my backup......the scythes in this game are sweet

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I discovered u can get 2 of the 10% rally runes so I'm using 2 of those and the 20% rally rune and the burial blade which has the highest rally i think, so I'm rallying a lot this run and I never need to use blood vials almost ever.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i pretty much know everything about bloodborne, and am completely incapable of not posting about it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh right you still have to farm up the souls to buy it ;/ I thought she would like literally drop the blades for some reason

I know about this method but I tried it once on a new save and it didn't work for me. The Henryk stuff seems a bit easier because you basically just wait and then pick it up

Can you seriously get from the start to Eileen in 4 minutes lol I remember my first playthrough taking like 2 hours for that. I still get so lost in Yharnam.

Also my main character is Strength with some Arcane but I still use her armor, crow face and cape is the best

I kind of want to make a Bloodtinge character just for Simon's Bowblade but the thought of killing Maria with a bloodtinge character...

maria is the most easily parried boss in the game, even more so than gascoigne

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the very act of playing bloodborne is ambrosia.......sometimes I just zone out and practice cool moves in the hunters dream

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i just saw something i've never seen before in 100s of hours of playing: the witches with the skulls who throw pyromancy apparently have some sort of move where they stand up on their insanely long legs. i was at the first part of the defiled chalice, and the one down the hall from the oil pit nailed me with two fireballs, killing me. i looked my camera over and she was standing up on spidery legs, moving around, like baba yaga or something.

they travel in packs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, chikage/bowblade/rakuyo, with evelyn in the offhand

drat.....if u were planning ahead u could get lost versions of those weapons with gem slots that fit 35% bloodtinge gems. pwned noob

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya those games are just castlevania games with stamina bars

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i played wayward souls on a whim and didnt expect it to be like dark soulsand it was a pretty good mobile roguelike

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

blade of mercy is really fun to use, but it's not quite effective on bosses due to the small per-hit damage. that's why I've got my buddy mr. tonitrus as my secondary

also I wish the walk to logarius wasn't so long. he's so hard, I'm afraid I'll never get to try out the chikage or the wheel :cry:

1) it has a 1.25x damage modifier on dodge attacks
2) there are two shortcuts that you can combine to make the run easier

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my favorite skill weapon is the church pick.....rly strong with cool moves and a good look

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Idk how I would have beaten defiled Amy's second phase without a ranged attack

very carefully

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Ive been struggling not to kill the regular story Amygdala, since there's so few areas in the game with built-in bell ringers. I do sort of want that ailing loran chalice tho..

the first area of the dlc is the hottest dlc hotspot imo, since ringing the red bell summons a maiden if u have Laurence activated.....u will get tons of hits but the scenery sucks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
meant to say hottest PVP hotspot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

the scenery in the first area is cool...

i prefer fishing hamlet or mensis.....all that yellow bugs me