Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
I just finished dark souls and it was so good I'm buying a ps 4 just for bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I found the whip super useful when I first fought bloodstarved beast because most of its attacks sent it past me, but still in range of the R2

Ds 2 is great but Ds 1 is insanely good. If bb even comes close I'll be happy. What's the ornstein & smough of bloodborne?

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Went ahead and bought a ps 4 just for this game. No regrets, it's amazing. Probably harder than dark souls as well. I still don't really understand the arcane stat though.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

How scarce are blood shards? Am I making a mistake by just upgrading my cane as much as possible?

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Vicar amelia is absolutely destroying me. She has so much health.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Wow never mind. Took me 20 blood vials but she's finally dead.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Just killed that hunter in the grand cathedral who has a katana. gently caress me that was hard. Think it took 15 tries.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

He stopped bleeding himself after he healed when I won, which is a shame as he's very easy to parry in that form. I used the whip and kited him. That gun of his almost made me rage around the 10th or so death. Felt so good to win though. This game owns.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Ebrietas was surprisingly easy. Really fun and intense fight though. Now for mergos loft!

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

These singing brain ladies are very irksome.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Wet nurse was dissapointing but gehrman owned. Extremely reminiscent of gwyn right down to parry spam being the easiest way to win. Now to start over as an arcane build. Might try a no parry run, at least for bosses.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

The whip is amazing against a lot of bosses. The r2 makes it easy to hit their weak points.

As for parrying it became kind of a crutch against certain bosses. Bsb, logarius and gehrman I basically just parried to death and didn't really learn their mechanics. Still enjoyed them though.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Blades of mercy with burial blade as your alt weapon is a very fun setup. How does the pvp work? Is there a sl we should be aiming for? There's no agape ring equivalent is there?

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Fume knight and sir alonne both own. I'm running through bb as arcane now and I actually really like dark beast paarl. It's the first boss where the game really makes you be super aggressive and really satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

So, fave music in this game? I love the hypaean gaol theme. And gehrmans.